Gone Shootin !!!!! (need your opinion)

BushmasterM4

Old Fart
Sep 12, 2007
I had some spare time today so I finished up a cover of ACDC's "Gone Shootin". Give a listen and let me know how the mix sounds. Musicianship wise I know its bad. But sound wise, let me have it. I did two mixes. One I got a little more agressive with a master bus compressor. The other I didnt use much at all. Im playing all instruments and singing as usual, thats why its sloppy :) Anyway let me know if you like A or B better. Plus see if you can tell which has more compression (should be easy enough). Im on the fence about which sounds better.

A http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7249290&q=hi

B http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7249349&q=hi

Listening to a), I feel the snare has too much verb, but sounds good, as does the kick (though I think it should be compressed more, cuz it's loud enough in some spots, but not others). Guitars are good, nice panning, but need more gain :) You kinda sound like you downed a bottle of Nyquil before the vocal take, but it's not bad :D The hi-hat is a bit too loud and piercing I think, though I just finished blasting my Rectifier, so maybe my ears are overly sensitive. I assume b) is the less master comp'ed one, which I prefer, seems a bit less fatiguing. Good job on the drums man, tame that snare verb a bit and it'll be a sweet sound!

Listening to a), I feel the snare has too much verb, but sounds good, as does the kick (though I think it should be compressed more, cuz it's loud enough in some spots, but not others). Guitars are good, nice panning, but need more gain :) You kinda sound like you downed a bottle of Nyquil before the vocal take, but it's not bad :D The hi-hat is a bit too loud and piercing I think, though I just finished blasting my Rectifier, so maybe my ears are overly sensitive. I assume b) is the less master comp'ed one, which I prefer, seems a bit less fatiguing. Good job on the drums man, tame that snare verb a bit and it'll be a sweet sound!

Thanks for the reply. I had two other votes at another forum for tune B. After I get a few more votes I'll dislose which was compressed more. Mix A is louder than B, but dont let that sway your vote.