MeloDeath Black METAL with symphony!!!! Does everything sound right?

It sounds really good, actually the kick doesn't sound really centered, and snare sounds like too smashed.
Drums sound very real!! I actually like them.

Guitars aren't the same sound on L and R, right? I wouldn't do this cuz left one sounds louder.

Orchestra sounds really quiet, i'd bring it up and add some reverb and presence. I think taht's the key to have a good orchestra sound ;)

Cheers!!!

It sounds really good, actually the kick doesn't sound really centered, and snare sounds like too smashed.

Guitars aren't the same sound on L and R, right? I wouldn't do this cuz left one sounds louder.

Orchestra sounds really quiet, i'd bring it up and add some reverb and presence. I think taht's the key to have a good orchestra sound ;)

Cheers!!!

Thats funny cause there's not even parallel compression on the drums just a little compression and eq with some reverb on the snare and toms!

Yeah i realised that the guitars arent the same volume, but thats weird because i exported them on just after one another and i cant understand why they have a volue difference. I checked the levels and they peak at the same db's even tho the volume sliders aren't the same!

thanx dude! I'll go work on the orchestra :headbang:

It sounds really good, actually the kick doesn't sound really centered

I definitely hear this. The kick sounds more right than center. Did you accidentally hit a fader?

It sounds real good to me :kickass:. If all these songs you're doing are on the same album, the consistency is great.

I wanna hear some all real mic'd up stuff from you. You've come a long way.

-Greg

I definitely hear this. The kick sounds more right than center. Did you accidentally hit a fader?

It sounds real good to me :kickass:. If all these songs you're doing are on the same album, the consistency is great.

I wanna hear some all real mic'd up stuff from you. You've come a long way.

-Greg

I think i could of hit the fader! will go look into that!

Dude i don't have like big amps and stuff so its not possible to mic up stuff! the only thing that i will be mic'ing up for now is vocals

Im going to mix everything with the same settings at the end!

Dude have you ever visited RecordingReview again? lol

I am really liking how Superior is working out for those blast beats man. Those sound brutal as all hell. Did you do something different when you sequenced blast beats (i.e., turn the velocity on the snare down or something.) The mix overall I think sounds pretty damn good the only think I would suggest would be eventually upgrading to Superior 2.0 because I think the snare samples and tom samples sound much more authentic and make the fills more convincing but it sounds really sick as it is.

Songs is killer as well.

I am really liking how Superior is working out for those blast beats man. Those sound brutal as all hell. Did you do something different when you sequenced blast beats (i.e., turn the velocity on the snare down or something.) The mix overall I think sounds pretty damn good the only think I would suggest would be eventually upgrading to Superior 2.0 because I think the snare samples and tom samples sound much more authentic and make the fills more convincing but it sounds really sick as it is.

Songs is killer as well.

thanx dude! I just played around with the velocities on the snare! thats about it. I was thinking of upgrading but I don't have the money at the moment.

Uh, I'm getting all drums in the right and all guitars in the left...

Thats very weird because i dont get that! but i realized that the left guitars are louder and the kick is louder on the other side, and i checked and all the faders are where they are supposed to be! can you think of any reason for that?

I fucking loved the song, is there a place where I can hear more of your music?

Hey dude im glad you loved it! this is only the begining man! you must hear the other songs.

Here's the first 3 songs on the album:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=880735

this is the only 3 songs i've at the moment, but im busy recording a 14 song album so there's more coming (I'm saving the best for last), I'll keep you posted on when im done with the album.

and here's one old song thats also going to be on the album PS it's going to be re-recorded. i love this one the most.

http://forum.recordingreview.com/f11/divine-plutocracy-metal-please-bash-hell-9571/

excuse the production on this one (It was a long time back), and i fucked up a few of the guitar riffs there. lol there's supposed to be vocals on this one too.

let me know what you think!:worship:

This sounds really good, except that I'm getting the same problem as Neb.. drums panned right, guitars left. There are still some guitars on teh right, and drums aren't hard panned but maybe 50-60%. Killer song though.

dude that's insane! loving the guitar and vocal sound especially. :cool:

thanx man! The vocals was done in my untreated room with a sm57 :lol: I thought the vocals would sound awful in my room but it clearly doesn't! and if you listen to the vocal track on its own you can actually hear the cubase metronome and my PC humming in the background! hahaha

Killer song!! There are some strange phase things going on, I can especially hear them when the blast beats are going.

Yeah i know, i did 2 mixes of the song and the other one didn't have the phase issue! i think its the DFHS cymbals or something! i'll go look into that man!

This sounds really good, except that I'm getting the same problem as Neb.. drums panned right, guitars left. There are still some guitars on teh right, and drums aren't hard panned but maybe 50-60%. Killer song though.

I still couldn't figure it out man! I checked all the faders and everything is where they are supposed to be! I have no idea whats causing this! any suggestions? maybe my cubase loaded the wrong sound card drivers or somethng!

Thanx for all the comments!:headbang:

I still couldn't figure it out man! I checked all the faders and everything is where they are supposed to be! I have no idea whats causing this! any suggestions? maybe my cubase loaded the wrong sound card drivers or somethng!:

Is it fine on your side? Or can you hear it only when you export, or what? :/ I can't download the song, so if its not happening on your side, then allow me to download so I can then upload it and show you.

Is it fine on your side? Or can you hear it only when you export, or what? :/ I can't download the song, so if its not happening on your side, then allow me to download so I can then upload it and show you.

no i hear the same on this side! but as i said everything is peaking where they must for the guitars and the drums are where they are supposed to be! thats why I can't understand it! I can also hear what you hear.

Same thing here with the panning. I get the impression that it will sound pretty cool once everything is panned where it should be.

Im going to remix it and see what it sounds like!:headbang:

no i hear the same on this side! but as i said everything is peaking where they must for the guitars and the drums are where they are supposed to be! thats why I can't understand it! I can also hear what you hear.

1) trust your ears over your instruments, adjust til it sounds right not til the meters say its correct.
2) RMS != peak meters. Perhaps one side has big peaks but a low RMS (ie average volume level)

Really looking forward to hearing this properly mixed (and downloadable so I can listen to on my iPod ;p)

1)Really looking forward to hearing this properly mixed (and downloadable so I can listen to on my iPod ;p)

-Greg

Songs is killer as well.

Uh, I'm getting all drums in the right and all guitars in the left...

I fucking loved the song, is there a place where I can hear more of your music?

dude that's insane! loving the guitar and vocal sound especially. :cool:

Killer song!! There are some strange phase things going on, I can especially hear them when the blast beats are going.

Same thing here with the panning. I get the impression that it will sound pretty cool once everything is panned where it should be.

Okay everyone I remixed the song and got a huge sound this time around! the snare isn't smashed anymore because i used some parallel compression on the drums, this makes the blasting sound better too:headbang:. the drums over all sound better too.

The cymbal phasing issue is also gone, and i have no idea what caused it in the first place???

Here's the new version: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7318370&q=hi (You can Download it as well)

Does everything sound right in this one compared to the old one? in the panning right this time?