New metal song! Revalver MKIII & DFHS

Guitars sound kind of distant to me. I'd bring them up in the mix a little. I like the drum sound. The kick could use a little less low end thump to avoid any mastering issues later on.

Hello everyone! (first post on this forum)

Yes the guitars feel a little bit distant, but sound incredibly good imo, presets are very welcome :)

Guitars sound kind of distant to me. I'd bring them up in the mix a little. I like the drum sound. The kick could use a little less low end thump to avoid any mastering issues later on.

okay i'll work on it :)
I mixed this on my Ipod headphones 4 in the morning because everyone was sleeping and my other headphones are broken!

is there any thing else?

Revalver settings, impulse used please. I like the tone

I used "This One" impulse and will post the presets when i get a chance.
this was done with the demo of revalver so theres still that occasional hiss.

Sounds like "This One" impulse...maybe not XD

Nice tone dude...!

yup it's "this one" through boogex and RIR.

Yes the guitars feel a little bit distant, but sound incredibly good imo, presets are very welcome :)

welcome to our domain of metal and sound....hahaha!
presets coming.:headbang:

is there anything else that someone can point out?:zombie:

The first clip sounds much better to me. There's just a problem when the drums speed up, there the guitars are faded. The "improved" one has too much of everything.

I woud suggest to rise the samples (voices I guess) a bit almost at the end of the song (not the samples in the end itself)

Hope it helps.

The first clip sounds much better to me. There's just a problem when the drums speed up, there the guitars are faded. The "improved" one has too much of everything.

I woud suggest to rise the samples (voices I guess) a bit almost at the end of the song (not the samples in the end itself)

Hope it helps.

yeah i agree on the keys that could come up!

I personally like the second mix better. its got way more punch to it.
i'm looking to change the synth parts to better effects anyways.:headbang:

And what about the drums?? yeah, they´re from DHF, but they don´t sound as the standar tones......tell us about what plugins do you use in snare, kick and what samples!!!

As a great reward take this present for you and all the dudes on this forum. It´s a patch for revalver, it will delete white noise of the demo version. Don´t forget to use it in .exe and .dll files.

We do not tolerate this behavior on this forum.:Spam:

Also, it's not very smart to "share" something like that while not being anonymous. At-least PM it. :heh:

And what about the drums?? yeah, they´re from DHF, but they don´t sound as the standar tones......tell us about what plugins do you use in snare, kick and what samples!!!

As a great reward take this present for you and all the dudes on this forum. It´s a patch for revalver, it will delete white noise of the demo version. Don´t forget to use it in .exe and .dll files.

Umm..don't think it's a very good idea to post that here.

I'm bored with the same old Revalver sound I'm getting no matter what I change. This sounds nice and refreshing... when I get my EMG81, I'd like to try changing things up a little.

I will definately try "This One" impulse, should have it around here somewhere. What about the amp and settings etc?

Sounds like "This One" impulse...maybe not XD

Nice tone dude...!

Hope it helps.
Much better. :)
We do not tolerate this behavior on this forum.:Spam:

Also, it's not very smart to "share" something like that while not being anonymous. At-least PM it. :heh:
Umm..don't think it's a very good idea to post that here.
I'm bored with the same old Revalver sound I'm getting no matter what I change. This sounds nice and refreshing... when I get my EMG81, I'd like to try changing things up a little.
I will definately try "This One" impulse, should have it around here somewhere. What about the amp and settings etc?

Long time no hear Heinrich. Mix is sounding good XD

-Greg

Hey everyone! thanx for the positive comments :headbang:

Here's the latest version now with vocals and new outro.
the song is still missing a solo and the intro though!

please tell me where i can improve this mix!:worship:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7250595&q=hi

What do you mean! they don't sound like the standard tones? is it a good or bad thing?

I'll post the presets ASAP but i'm busy at the moment.

Oh man, it is good of course, your drumms sound awesome, far away from the standar tones. The fact is that I can´t reach a good sound for toms and specially for snare when I mix with DFH.
Could you give me some advice about which plugins or eq may I use for getting a sound near to yours?? Example if you use BBe Maximizer, or Rbass...
Thanx a lot.

Oh man, it is good of course, your drumms sound awesome, far away from the standar tones. The fact is that I can´t reach a good sound for toms and specially for snare when I mix with DFH.
Could you give me some advice about which plugins or eq may I use for getting a sound near to yours?? Example if you use BBe Maximizer, or Rbass...
Thanx a lot.

I'll pm some pics to you! everything is the stock DFHS sounds! I only blended the kickdrum with andy sneaps "sneapkick.gog" using drummagog. and i duplicated the snare track and pitch shifted the one so that it sounds fatter! i also use a multiband compressor to add to the dynamics of the drums. i also used parallel compression. dude i used the toms as is, no compression, only a little bit of eq.

i only used wav plugins to mix the drums. I used cubase stock eq and waves API2500 on the drums and waves RComp. thats it man.

I still need that you know what........hint.........hiss.:headbang:

have you listened to the version with vocals? if not.......DO IT hahahaha:heh:
here it is!
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7250595&q=hi