New song! Revalver mkIII & DFHS

personally I'd turn the drums down a bit, and maybe use multi-samples to make it sound a bit less gore-grind. And also try squashing the mix a little bit less? it's really pumping and clipping quite a bit... But it does sounds pretty damn good. I like the music.

personally I'd turn the drums down a bit, and maybe use multi-samples to make it sound a bit less gore-grind. And also try squashing the mix a little bit less? it's really pumping and clipping quite a bit... But it does sounds pretty damn good. I like the music.

What do you mean by multi samples? on the Kick?
everything is multi samples except for the kick!

Yeah this was the first time i used voxengo's elephant 3.1 so i was experimenting a little, this is a awesome plugin, it definitely achieves the same volume as the big boys out there!! :kickass: its a lot better than waves L2, but i think i was too harsh with the maximization. I'll use a softer preset.

and vocals are still coming!

any other pointers?:Smug:

I guess it might just be because it's so slammed that it all sounds the same. The snare sounded like a single sample to me. To me the snare sounds slightly thin, and could do with a bit more low end? Might be the sample that you used or maybe even just because it's lost under the rest of the mix. It has a nice bite to it, but I'd try and make it sound like it has a bit more smack. I actually really like the mix other than that. Apart from the obvious over-use of limiting :p

I guess it might just be because it's so slammed that it all sounds the same. The snare sounded like a single sample to me. To me the snare sounds slightly thin, and could do with a bit more low end? Might be the sample that you used or maybe even just because it's lost under the rest of the mix. It has a nice bite to it, but I'd try and make it sound like it has a bit more smack. I actually really like the mix other than that. Apart from the obvious over-use of limiting :p

Yeah i didn't play around with the velocities on the drums! only on the blasting in the beginning. but i was planning to! but it's soooooooo boring!

i'll post a newer version later today!

Guitars are fucking Brutal !!
How do you acchieve this tone with the revalver?

And Song is killer!

hahahahah Thanx man.
I just played around on revalver and tried to get a good sound!
I used the 6505 with the "ThisOne" impulse and tss! there's some eqing too! aswell as alot of tonestacks.

I think you've squashed the mix too much. As a result it sounds rather distant and washing, and when the song goes from single track to dense instrumentation, you can hear the overall volume drop due to your mastering chain working so hard. I think maybe re-evaluate a lot of your compression and try to let the track breathe a bit more.

As far as the guitars go - it seems to be about as good as Revalver can be, so maybe don't do your head in too much in regards to guitar tone. If we were evaluating it as an actual album rhythm tone rather than on its own merits, then I would say that on the whole it sounds a bit thin and boxy at the same time, with too much information in the lower mids, and not enough in the 'mid mid'. The core of the tone in Revalver seems naturally shifted towards the lower mids though, for whatever reason the developers had. I wouldn't attempt to re-shift the tone into those frequencies though, as what Revalver has there isn't quite as pleasant as real amps.

Best of luck!

Dude, sounds brutal, can you please post the Revalver preset? would be greatly appreciated! :)

Absolutly killer! Best revalver tone I've heard so far...

really? thanx dude! but there still are a bit of filtering to do! and i must lower the input voltage a bit so that the palm mutes doesn't sound so muddy!

I think you've squashed the mix too much. As a result it sounds rather distant and washing, and when the song goes from single track to dense instrumentation, you can hear the overall volume drop due to your mastering chain working so hard. I think maybe re-evaluate a lot of your compression and try to let the track breathe a bit more.

As far as the guitars go - it seems to be about as good as Revalver can be, so maybe don't do your head in too much in regards to guitar tone. If we were evaluating it as an actual album rhythm tone rather than on its own merits, then I would say that on the whole it sounds a bit thin and boxy at the same time, with too much information in the lower mids, and not enough in the 'mid mid'. The core of the tone in Revalver seems naturally shifted towards the lower mids though, for whatever reason the developers had. I wouldn't attempt to re-shift the tone into those frequencies though, as what Revalver has there isn't quite as pleasant as real amps.

Best of luck!

im going to post the new mix in a hour or so! i used less limiting!

and i think lowering the input voltage on the amp will solve the lower mid issue! the palm mutes will sound less muddy then! what do you suggest I do otherwise?

I guess it might just be because it's so slammed that it all sounds the same.

i used a softer preset on this one.

Guitars are fucking Brutal !!
How do you acchieve this tone with the revalver?

And Song is killer!

Absolutly killer! Best revalver tone I've heard so far...

Best of luck!

on the guitars i lowered the input voltage on the amp! it helped a little but not that much because i just realized that the guitar players weren't very tight so the muting doesn't come out as it's supposed to.

Dude, sounds brutal, can you please post the Revalver preset? would be greatly appreciated! :)

Here's the new and improved version! The drums are lowered and the guitars are better. softer limiting too!

any pointers?

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7082966&q=hi

This kinda goes in the area of personal taste, but I don't think I would have panned the higher rack toms to the far left, and the lowest floor toms to the far right. Yes have them panned, but not quite so hard, I find it distracting when I'm listening to specifically the drums to be going form the left to right so harshly. Mind you I'm a drummer as well so that could be too much a biased opinion.

Everything else works well for this mix! Maybe some tighter playing but that's in the hand of the musician and not the AE. A preset would be nice when you got the time :D

This kinda goes in the area of personal taste, but I don't think I would have panned the higher rack toms to the far left, and the lowest floor toms to the far right. Yes have them panned, but not quite so hard, I find it distracting when I'm listening to specifically the drums to be going form the left to right so harshly. Mind you I'm a drummer as well so that could be too much a biased opinion.

Everything else works well for this mix! Maybe some tighter playing but that's in the hand of the musician and not the AE. A preset would be nice when you got the time :D

Did you listen to it through headphones? thats maybe why! I'll look into the toms!

Dude i know about the guitar situation! the band has to rerecord some of the guitar tracks!

what preset are you talking about? guitar or drums?

I actually like the first revalver tone better, If you would be so kind to post it:kickass:

Dude this is exactly the same tone on both versions! hahahahaha
preset is coming though!

some odd noise on the right around 0:36 - might want to automate that out. sounds like some string noise during the pause. that pause in general is a bit loose; would sound killer tightened up there.

guitars sound really cool. i'd say they're a done deal.