Good amp sim for cleans?

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Jan 31, 2010
Cambs, UK
www.numbskullaudio.com
I'm just finishing up another pre-prod track for my band. CPU's gettin heavy on this bitch with all the instances of Superior, PodFarm, Revalver, Ampeg SVX, all the fuckin plug-ins etc.

Just recorded some cleans to cap it off, DI'd, and wanted something fairly simple that sounds good. Has anyone done like a Fender Twin or Vox sim at all? Or anything that's really dedicated for nice chimey cleans, as opposed to just the clean channel on a 100watt head or something?

Thanks,
Matt
:kickass:

One or both of Guitar Rig and Revalver has an AC30 sim, and the Simulanalog suite has a Fender Twin.

Both of you suggested things from a specific list of stuff I didn't want to use :lol: I know Revalver has that amp but I just wanted something less CPU hungry, like one of the Lepou sims or something. If not I'll just end up using Revalver anyway

Afaik most of the free sims (lepou, tse) use roughly the same amount of cpu as Revalver, without oversampling. You could always try Lextac, I used that once and it had a very pleasant twangy sound on the blue channel. As far as free sims go though, I don't know of any that are dedicated to cleans, I always use pod farm (lately Amplitube 3) for that.:loco:

+1 for lextac! It has such a nice clean sound. So warm and full. It can also work well with bass.