Good Bye My Friend

i really only got into woods earlier this year when i went with Goddamn Zombie (Will Bozarth) for 3 days when they opened for Woods and Novembers Doom... Will played Woods 4 and i was hooked. it was all i wanted to listen to while we were driving to the shows. i had the incredible opportunity to see Woods of Ypres 3 nights in a row and talk to David. he was such a sweet guy and so wonderful to us
i feel so awful for this friends and family.

Sad... David was a good person. Meet him only two times and chat with him a couple of times and he was always kind !
He always took the time to answer me ( even write me some words in french ! ).
His music means a lot to me - A great musician ! He will be missed.
Condolences to his family and to his many friends ...

Rest in Peace David Gold.

Adieu mon ami...

Alex

tumblr_lwnizdFQlB1qzcx1po1_500.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am shocked and saddened by this news. I enjoyed WOY music, and Dave was a very cool guy..very friendly. I wish more people would of came to this forum to support his band because he wrote good music and he deserved it. Seems all the bands I ever liked end up gone before their time, and to go right before christmas is just horrible. We will not forget Mr Gold, a true talent on this forum.

Terrible news. Great guy, so approachable, and both times I saw WoY live they were spectacular.

I have no words.

If anyone knows David on a more personal level, perhaps a family friend, please let us know if there is anyway we can offer some donation or condolences to the family he left behind.

Hey, here is a message from his sister...

"To Davids friends: please come join friends and family to celebrate David's life on December 28th at 1:00pm-6:00pm (we will probably go later into the night). We will be having a casual get together at the Canadian Motor Inn, 410 Pim street in Sault Ste Marie. We will be having wings, pizza and of course lots of BEER... All of Daves favorites. Contact me at (705) 975-2700 if you have any questions. Also, if you have a Woods of Ypres shirt, please attend wearing it proud. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there."

I'm simply devastated by this. It's a huge loss for music and my heart is with his family. The new album is stunning and I wish I could tell him that.

I too would like to know if there's any way or any place we can send condolences or donations or even help setting something up in his name. This is a very sad day. RIP Dave.

What terrible news. Luckily, I had the pleasure of seeing them in Calgary in 2008, Victoria in 2009, and in Vancouver earlier this year. He was a classy individual and I respect and admire him greatly. His music touched me in so many profound ways and now that he's gone it just doesn't seem right. You will be missed brotha! I'm glad we finally got to share a beer in Vancouver it was a long time coming!

R.I.P. David Gold.

- Joel

ive had the glory of meeting david a few times and im terribly saddened by the news but i know my tears cant bring him back, oh the dinner with him evan and my friend dave morcavage sticks with me forever...