Good Death Metal that also uses Clean Vox?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Just got the Demonoid promo today -- side project of Therion members doing pure death metal -- and I couldn't help but think it would have been a hundred times better had they thrown in some clean vocals here or there during certain melodic passages.

It adds a much needed dimension to all the mayhem I think, otherwise can anyone say '2 dimensional'?

Anyway, can you list some good BAND EXAMPLES where both vocal styles have been used well together in the same songs? Identify any standout songs if you will.

E.g.

Opeth
Edge of Sanity
Into Eternity

Morbid Angel - Eyes to See... Ears to Hear
BEST. DEATHMETALSONG. EVAR. The chorus with the growls and clean vox... gaahh!

Edge of Sanity - Blood Colored & Black Tears
Two other great ones, my favorite EoS outside of Crimson.

Opeth - Bleak
Still love it, although I don't like this album much anymore.

Disillusion - Back To Times Of Splendor a.k.a real Crimson II

Domination 10/10 BUY OR DIE!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

Actually, don't you have that one already? LISTEN OR . . . GLISTEN!!!!!111111111

Black Winter Day said:
Morbid Angel = :zzz:
BWD =
poop.jpg

Yes, the one with Where the Slime live. OMG THAT ALBUM IS SO GOOD.

Covenant = the first Morbid Angel album I heard and the only one I never listen to anymore.

Between them and Carcass technically I don't even need any other death metal.

I agree. MA = ZzZzZzzz...

Like Redils said, Disillusion is pretty good. Umm, what else off the top of my head...its not my fav. genre in the world so...

Disillusion
Ackercocke
Farmakon
Grimfist
Hollenthon
Quo Vadis

uuh...I dont fucking know. I cant remember those who have clean vox incorporated into their music. :loco:

Anyone else find it hilarious that the words "snooze inducing" were used in a thread where Opeth was mentioned, but to describe another band?