Good Lord! I just saw a Porcupine Tree video and a Manowar video on MTV2!

dragonbone

New Metal Member
Nov 19, 2002
Visit site
I thought I was dreaming, so I scanned my Tivo back, and sure enough, it was the new videos by Porcupine Tree and Manowar! It seems as though there may be some hope that any prog and metal bands that make videos might actually get them played on MTV2!

The Porcupine Tree video was in fact, "Strip The Soul" and they played both these videos in a block of videos called "Extreme Rock" which comes on around 1:30 am EST. I think it's great to see both these bands on American tv, and hopefully there will be more bands getting, at least some, exposure!

Originally posted by dragonbone
The Porcupine Tree video was in fact, "Strip The Soul" and they played both these videos in a block of videos called "Extreme Rock" which comes on around 1:30 am EST. I think it's great to see both these bands on American tv, and hopefully there will be more bands getting, at least some, exposure!

thanks I'll check it out

Strip The Soul is one of the weaker songs on that album I thought. If I had to pick a weaker song. I did see the video for it as the copy of In Absentia I have is one of them Enhanced CD things. So I watched it.

I agree that Strip the Soul is a weaker cut, but it's probably the best choice for a single/video due to it's sound being more like the kind of stuff that MTV2 plays.

Wow, very cool that PT is getting exposure. I think they'll only get bigger now that they're signed to a major label (who plans to re-release a few albums). I do agree that Strip the Soul isn't the best choice of a video to get airplay. It is one of the more accessible songs from their discography so I see it as a wise decision from that perspective.

Thoes are all my favorite songs on that album as well. I was trying to buy some of their older stuff...Lighbulb Sun and Stupid Dream but the store couldn't order it. I will probably end up buying them online but that isn't as fun. Do you know anything about their older material?