Good luck getting home tonight

NickDivision

Division Vocalist
Feb 20, 2004
DC
www.division-usa.com
WASHINGTON - Major delays are expected on Metro after a six-car Orange Line train derailed Monday afternoon.

The third car of the Vienna-bound train 905 derailed underground between the Rosslyn and Court House Metrorail stations at around 2:45 p.m., the transit agency says.

Emergency crews are on the scene. There are no reports of injuries.

"This is a crowded train, although we do not know at this time how many passengers are on board," Metro spokesperson Lisa Farbstein tells WTOP. "At this time, we do not have reports of injuries, but that may change."

Trains are single-tracking between Clarendon and Foggy Bottom Metrorail stations. The Court House station is closed.

Passengers are still on the derailed train, and Metro is working to send a "rescue train" that will arrive behind the derailed train and allow passengers to board.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=25&sid=1418127

:zombie:

My wife chose to go in to her office in Arlington yesterday (2 blocks from Courthouse). So she rode in with me to the end of the blue line and headed in. I get the call as the derailment happened-- right before she intended to go. She had to catch a cab farther into the city to get to a blue line stop. They loaded a 6 car blue line train then had to unload it because the doors wouldn't close. That happened a second time after they "repaired" the train, so her next option was a Orange line to New Carrolton only 2.5 hours after she started her trek back here (and we have another 30-45 minutes from here to get home).

She chose poorly...

WASHINGTON - Major delays are expected on Metro after a six-car Orange Line train derailed Monday afternoon.

The third car of the Vienna-bound train 905 derailed underground between the Rosslyn and Court House Metrorail stations at around 2:45 p.m., the transit agency says.

Emergency crews are on the scene. There are no reports of injuries.

"This is a crowded train, although we do not know at this time how many passengers are on board," Metro spokesperson Lisa Farbstein tells WTOP. "At this time, we do not have reports of injuries, but that may change."

Trains are single-tracking between Clarendon and Foggy Bottom Metrorail stations. The Court House station is closed.

Passengers are still on the derailed train, and Metro is working to send a "rescue train" that will arrive behind the derailed train and allow passengers to board.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=25&sid=1418127

:zombie:

and people wonder why I moved to Raleigh....