Good Melodic Metal

TheBahggs

WAT
Feb 21, 2008
Waterford, MI
I dont care if its Black, Death or whatever, Im just looking for musically amazing melodic metal bands such as Wintersun, Kalmah or Rotting Christ. Thanks!

the 'melodic' tag always sort of makes me cringe. But the examples help some. Um, the newest Immortal Souls is really good, one of the best 'melo-death' (another one that makes me cringe) albums lately. Although they employ a clean vocalist in two songs on it, who sounds basically horrible. Their sound is very Kalmah.

the 'melodic' tag always sort of makes me cringe. But the examples help some. Um, the newest Immortal Souls is really good, one of the best 'melo-death' (another one that makes me cringe) albums lately. Although they employ a clean vocalist in two songs on it, who sounds basically horrible. Their sound is very Kalmah.

Is the new IS better than, or similar to, their previous stuff? I have some of their CDs and I have never been all that impressed. I think mainly it's just not my cup of beer :kickass:

I think they've only gotten better with each one but this one is very far and away the best in every aspect. But if you really don't get into the Kalmah or slightly CoB breed of melo-death stuff, it probably won't make a lot of difference.

In Flames- Subterranean
Arghoslent-anything
Crown of Thorns-The Burning
A Mind Confused- Anarchos
Lykathea Aflame- Elvenefris
Dawn-Slaughtersun, Solen Gar Nider
Sacramentum- Far Away From the sun
Unanimated-Ancient God of Evil, In the Forest..

Darkane
Unanimated
Sacramentum
Vinterland
Astriaal
Intestine Baalism
Sad Legend
Dawn
Lykathea Aflame
Dawn Of Dreams
Mystic Forest

Mörker
Gorod
Carcariass
Haunted Shores
Sorhin
Burst
Saturnus
Mar De Grises
Spite Extreme Wing
Be'lakor

Don't think I saw any of these mentioned, I just skimmed over quickly.