Good metal cd shops in NYC

I noticed you're from Poland, so I assume you're visiting? If you have access to a car, it's well worth the drive to Vintage Vinyl in Fords, New Jersey (about 35 miles from NYC).

They have a collection that rivals any store in the world, I'm confident of that. It kicks ass, and has EVERYTHING for your metal needs. You can check 'em out at www.vvinyl.com.

Originally posted by Darek
I've heard about this shop and I have address in NJ. But do you know something in NYC

Well, aside from the regular big chain stores (Tower, HMV, etc.), you could try just walking around the village. That's Greenwich Village - think 5th Ave into Washington Square Park, and about 5 blocks in each direction - there's a ton of cool record stores, but I have no idea if they carry any decent metal or not.

Thanx, now i live in Richmond and I found here only first 7" Amorphis (RR) and maxi Dismember, some Nick Cave 7" singles and Disorder. Oh god, here is almost only black and hard/punk music. It is no good. I like some bands but no so much.

But I will propably celebrate at 21Aug because in Richmond will play Kataklysm and Divine Empire.

Try Bleecker Records on, er...Bleecker St (Gr. Village). :D

Quite an odd store really - they only sell bootlegs. You won't get anything really underground, but at the same time, I've never seen so many bootlegs in one place. I once picked up a Megadeth Acoustic Session CD in there (but that's a bad example, heh).

I'm surprised they've never been shut down - assuming bootlegging is still illegal...?

Originally posted by JayKeeley
...Try Bleecker Records on, er...Bleecker St (Gr. Village)...

What's up JayK? Nice to see you around....

I forgot 'bout Bleeker's. It's not bad, but it's fair to say that it's completely hit or miss. Also look for Second Coming Records. Halfway-decent selection there, good load of boots too. Got my favorite Bad Religion bootleg from there...

Anyway, happy hunting. See ya JayK.

Ok, I love boot's. And where Second Coming Records is? Sorry for that but I won't have much time in NYC. Propably I will spend it for music shops. I must bring a lot of stuff to PL.
cheers
Maybe you are lookin' for something from Poland, I try to help You.