Philadelphia

SlaughterofSoul

Forever Underground
Jan 28, 2002
Lewistown, PA
I'm going to Philly next week for a show, and I've never been there. I'm wondering, what are some good metal shops, or record stores within the city? Addresses would be helpful(so I can find them). I know of the Relapse store, so no need to tell me about that one.

Thank you.

Besides the Relapse store (in case you don't know where it is, if you're on the busy part of South Street, look for a place called Jims Steaks, or something like that, and it's on that block and side of the street), there's a place on South Street called Rock and Roll Plus that used to be the Nuclear Blast outlet. They're still a metal shop. They're right across the street from Tower Records. Also along South Street, about a block or 2 from R&R+, you'll find some sandwich shop on the corner that's always playing really loud annoying music outside (like Motown and disco). If you turn down the street where that's at there's a place called Digital Ferret, which is more of an EBM/Goth/Industrial shop, but they usually have newer metal releases than the other stores.

Other than those, I can't remember.

Sorry for the crap directions, I cannot remember street names too well. Just park near the busy section of South Street, wander around and you'll eventually find everything. Ripperheads is in that area as well.

I live in philly, there are quite a few good metal stores here... all of them on, or just off of South Street.

Tower Records - occasionally they have some really crazy stuff

Rock And Roll Plus - Right across from tower. Over priced, and their selection has been less impressive since my friends stopped working there.

Digital Ferret - if u are walking UP south street (away from penns landing) turn right at "Johnny Rockets". Its like a 50's resturant. Digital Ferret is on the left a few stores down. Mostly goth and industrial stuff there, but they also have some rare metal.

Relapse Records - Make a left on to 4th street (at jims steaks). Relapse is on the right. Make sure u go upstairs and check out the used cds, the vinyl section, and the rest of the shirts.

Viking Disc - My friend Nick owns this store. IMO its the best one on south street. There is no sign out front yet, but if u are walking UP south street it will be on your right, a few stores past blockbuster video. Just keep looking in the windows after u pass BBV and you cant miss it.