Record Stores

Not really any one good source metal-wise around here anymore. Reptilian in Baltimore has a good crust/punk/grind selection, but the metal sections are only occasionally above average at best. There's also a Record and Tape Traders chain in the Baltimore area with one particular location with a fairly decent metal section (apparently people who sold their metal records to many of the locations would ultimately have them brought here), though they got rid of the separate section last year, and the selection has appeared to suffer.

The Tower nearby has an alright selection, but I don't pay $15+ for anything unless I absolutely have no other choice, which is almost never. And when that does come up, it's usually not for something you can find at Tower.

unknown said:
Try Amoeba Records in Hollywood. Any record store that has a section entirely devoted to fucking BLACK METAL automatically wins in my book. Not to mention the death, thrash and power metal sections, as well as a nice metal vinyl collection.

Hmm, usually the Amoeba I go to in Berkeley sucks, but I'll make it a point to double check next time I go.

Zack said:
Hmm, usually the Amoeba I go to in Berkeley sucks, but I'll make it a point to double check next time I go.

amoeba rules, but the one on haight st. is better in particular if you're only looking for metal or whatever

Car boot sales. THus far:

Judas Priest - Painkiller £1
Iced Earth - Something wicked this way comes £1
Iced Earth - Dark Genesis boxed set £5 (the one with the mis-stuck labels, no less)

Lyle said:
amoeba rules, but the one on haight st. is better in particular if you're only looking for metal or whatever

Ah, I usually go to the one on telegraph. I'll check Haight next week :)