Good Morning Flo!

dargormudshark said:
My stepdad eats those frozen bags of crap!

I love taters but they are so easy to make, I can't see why anyone needs to eat the frozen bag stuff. I also make mashed potatos. All you have to do is take some red potatos, wash them, cut the eyes out, then drop them in a pot and boil them until you could give them a hard stare and smush them, then you remove them, mash them up while adding milk and season with butter minced garlic, salt and pepper. You can use garlic salt as opposed to minced garlic and salt in a pinch.
You can also make baked potatos almost the same way, and they are softer than potatos baked in the oven. Use larger red potatos but cook them the same way, and just serve them just like it were a baked potato, cut in half with sour cream and chives and butter.

bryant

dargormudshark said:
Alli know how to do is make Hot Chocalate and Microwave Popcorn.

Ha ha ha trust me when I say this....... being manly IS knowing how to cook. I honestly think women could be as good of mechanics
(especially since they have smaller hands) and Engineers etc. as men, but men can be great cooks as well, not only on the grill. 95% of the world famous chefs are men. I can't honestly say that I would make a great artichoke ciche or much of that fancy stuff, but good southern (American) home cooking I can do.
That's not to say I can't make a few international dishes. I love sour cream, egg noodles and pork, so I make a mean pork stroganoff. I can make a hamburger steak that is so soft a baby can eat it (might be a good thing come to think of it.) I don't work hard at it, I guess it is just a gift.
The opposite is true for me growing my own food though. : ( I have a brown thumb. If I had a bag of weed seeds, they probably wouldn't grow.
:loco: I can fish though and know how to clean them. Unfortunately, the local lakes are fed by a river that is so poluted, you will glow in the dark if you eat too many fish from there.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Ha ha ha trust me when I say this....... being manly IS knowing how to cook. I honestly think women could be as good of mechanics
(especially since they have smaller hands) and Engineers etc. as men, but men can be great cooks as well, not only on the grill. 95% of the world famous chefs are men. I can't honestly say that I would make a great artichoke ciche or much of that fancy stuff, but good southern (American) home cooking I can do.
That's not to say I can't make a few international dishes. I love sour cream, egg noodles and pork, so I make a mean pork stroganoff. I can make a hamburger steak that is so soft a baby can eat it (might be a good thing come to think of it.) I don't work hard at it, I guess it is just a gift.
The opposite is true for me growing my own food though. : ( I have a brown thumb. If I had a bag of weed seeds, they probably wouldn't grow.
:loco: I can fish though and know how to clean them. Unfortunately, the local lakes are fed by a river that is so poluted, you will glow in the dark if you eat too many fish from there.

Bryant

I never said it wasn't manly. My cousin is going to culinary school soon. By the way I just got my cousin into a crap load of good metal bands. Adagio is his favorite band now!

Good job my friend :high five:
thumb.gif

dargormudshark said:
By the way I just got my cousin into a crap load of good metal bands. Adagio is his favorite band now!

dargormudshark said:
Maybe they could fill the lakes up with concrete, just incase you spend an hour by the lake and then die.

Pain of Salvation Rules!!!!!

Do me a favor....... download "All I can Do is Write About It" by Skynyrd. I'm a Blackfoot fan, but not particularly a Skynyrd fan, but I think you might find the lyrics interesting in that.

Bryant

Good night now hehe, it's raining over here and the thunder is roaring, that's Metal weather :loco: I can see Gauny screaming "noooooo, not another off-topic chat" :Shedevil: ahahah

Fangface said:
I can see Gauny screaming "noooooo, not another off-topic chat" :Shedevil: ahahah
Actually yes, I do. There is a thread with the exact same title on this very page already. I'm getting more and more speechless - which I shouldn't, so here I go.

Really folks, I am happy you have fun on this board and I don't want to spoil everybody's fun either.........but let's try to use this as a forum with "some" worthy content.
I'm not saying that everything in here as to be Tad Morose related, I wouldn't want that, we're all human beings with different interests and it's cool that we have a place to gather and talk about other things than TM too.
If you realize that you are getting off-topic (be it your showering habits, beer or potatoes) - then for the sake of keeping it all a little more clearly arranged create a new thread with that topic! Something like that has not to be discussed in a thread where someone wishes to get an answer from Urban or any other band related issue.
I have been around on boards and UM long enough to know that it's not possible to keep threads totally on-topic but there are a few things that are avoidable.
Another thing is that some things can be sent via PM/email/messenger (like this topic here) and simply don't belong here and are not worth a whole new thread.

You see, I'm more or less about to loose the overall view on this board although I'm trying to catch up with the posts daily....now just think of someone who's not here regularly or just found out about TM and tries to catch up with things.....what is that someone going to think when there's like no relevant information in the recent threads that seem to have to do with info on TM?

Again, I'd like to stress that I'm happy you're all here keeping the board so alive - I'm just asking you to think a little before posting.

Well, I must say that I agree with you 100% Gauny (no offence Winters). Nothing special to add.

But... being the polite guy I am I had to reply you know heh ;)

@Silkie : How about also merging this thread with the "What's everybody up to..." thread, so that we only have one chat thread? Forget it if it's a bad idea...

Hmm... don't know if I agree about it being a problem... I've been to a few band boards with more ridiculousness then here that had no problems getting information out and things straight.

But hey, you are the moderator, so whatever you think is best. :)

I'll try to stay within the bounds of the topic. :)

Gaunerin said:
Actually yes, I do. There is a thread with the exact same title on this very page already. I'm getting more and more speechless - which I shouldn't, so here I go.

Really folks, I am happy you have fun on this board and I don't want to spoil everybody's fun either.........but let's try to use this as a forum with "some" worthy content.
I'm not saying that everything in here as to be Tad Morose related, I wouldn't want that, we're all human beings with different interests and it's cool that we have a place to gather and talk about other things than TM too.
If you realize that you are getting off-topic (be it your showering habits, beer or potatoes) - then for the sake of keeping it all a little more clearly arranged create a new thread with that topic! Something like that has not to be discussed in a thread where someone wishes to get an answer from Urban or any other band related issue.
I have been around on boards and UM long enough to know that it's not possible to keep threads totally on-topic but there are a few things that are avoidable.
Another thing is that some things can be sent via PM/email/messenger (like this topic here) and simply don't belong here and are not worth a whole new thread.

You see, I'm more or less about to loose the overall view on this board although I'm trying to catch up with the posts daily....now just think of someone who's not here regularly or just found out about TM and tries to catch up with things.....what is that someone going to think when there's like no relevant information in the recent threads that seem to have to do with info on TM?

Again, I'd like to stress that I'm happy you're all here keeping the board so alive - I'm just asking you to think a little before posting.

Gaunerin said:

Hmm..... I agree. We have posts that have three thousand replies in it that go from subject to subject. It would help if we just started other threads once they became off-topic. Unfortunately, my brain doesn't allow me to really recognize it, so others here will have to help me, but I am more than willing to start other threads to keep the on-topic stuff where it needs to be..... I just need help doing it. I know I am more at fault than anyone else here, but due to many factors, my mind works in a stream of conscoussness style. :erk: I will do my best though. :D

Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
Hmm... don't know if I agree about it being a problem... I've been to a few band boards with more ridiculousness then here that had no problems getting information out and things straight.

But hey, you are the moderator, so whatever you think is best. :)

I'll try to stay within the bounds of the topic. :)

Well I agree with her and with you both. I have seen message boards get completely out of control to a point where it was people using it to send private messages to each other and also where an active, but sometimes quite off-topic at times message board was disciplined so hard about being on-topic that it all but died.
I hope I don't come across as a "know-it-all" but I think we can have the best of both worlds. Once a post goes off-topic after two or three replies, we can always start a new thread that won't confuse people new to this forum. Does that work for everyone here ?

Bryant

Bryant said:
but sometimes quite off-topic at times message board was disciplined so hard about being on-topic that it all but died.
That's why I said I don't mind off-topic posts in general. I just want to keep band-related a little seperated.

As for comparing this board with others that are much worse (which I'm aware of): I simply don't take that as my yardstick.

I think it's quite clear what we want here, so...........happy posting :)