GOOD NEWS --- DETHKLOK Album (from Blabbermouth.net)

mloanna

Sep 18, 2006
Los Angeles
:Shedevil: :heh:
According to MTV.com, the greatest metal-parody album since "This Is Spinal Tap" is coming our way. No, CROTCHDUSTER hasn't signed to Roadrunner Records — DETHKLOK are getting ready to infect the world with their debut. The stars of the animated Cartoon Network "Adult Swim" program "Metalocalypse" will release two editions of "Dethalbum" on September 25. The regular format will feature 16 tracks, including "Murmaider", "Briefcase Full of Guts", "Birthday Dethday", "Bloodrocuted" and "Deththeme". The double-disc deluxe edition will feature a second CD of six additional tracks, such as "Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle", "Blood Ocean" and "Pickles' Intro - Kill You". The package will also feature the video for "Bloodrocuted" and the first episode from the show's second season, which debuts the last week of September:headbang: . A DVD of the entire first season will be released October 2.

"Dethalbum" features a guest appearance by legendary drummer Gene Hoglan (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, DEATH, DARK ANGEL, TESTAMENT). He previously stated about the CD, "What a killer metal record! I can't wait for everyone else to hear it, and since it has now been slated for a September 25th release, that is now gonna be sooner than later, especially with leakage. And yes, it appears that we are going on tour with it as well! The logistics are being worked on as we speak, but it looks like it's gonna be a real killer, multi-media show. I'm looking real forward to that, I've even suspended the booking of a ton of clinics to clear my schedule to be available." :Shedevil:

I don't really think of it as a parody. Its not really mocking metal, so much as it makes fun of the stupid things that some metal has, done in somewhat of a loving way.

The show sounds like fun though =d

Very cool! I'll be purchasing the special edition for sure! :headbang:

As for the tour, I'm wondering if they are going to pull something ("multi-media") like a friend told me the Gorillaz did a few years ago when they first went on tour. Since they were also a cartoon band they had live band members behind screens, so you could only see their silhouettes, and then they projected video clips and cartoon images of the band up onto those screens while the band played. So you never really saw the "real" folks in the band.

I think something like that could work for Dethklock. Of course they've had so many real life metal musicians on the show that it would be really cool to have a few of them do some guest appearances or play as part of the live show. I'm going to have to check this out. Hopefully the they will do a full US tour and not just a sparse selection of cities.

As much fun as they poke at the death metal community, it's all in good-natured fun AND done well. And the music for the show is done by some serious metalheads who love their craft, which is awesome! If it was a death metal cartoon with wimpy no-balls sissyness, nobody would enjoy it.

Oh, and it's funny as fuck.

Glen should show Dethklok cartoons throughout PP8. Like either right after the band goes off or before the next band comes on. They can be scattered throughout the evening in between the break music.

Very cool! I'll be purchasing the special edition for sure! :headbang:

As for the tour, I'm wondering if they are going to pull something ("multi-media") like a friend told me the Gorillaz did a few years ago when they first went on tour. Since they were also a cartoon band they had live band members behind screens, so you could only see their silhouettes, and then they projected video clips and cartoon images of the band up onto those screens while the band played. So you never really saw the "real" folks in the band.

I think something like that could work for Dethklock. Of course they've had so many real life metal musicians on the show that it would be really cool to have a few of them do some guest appearances or play as part of the live show. I'm going to have to check this out. Hopefully the they will do a full US tour and not just a sparse selection of cities.

If there is such a thing as a Dethklok tour and if you attend, don't forget to fill out and sign a Pain Waiver. :headbang: