Good news from the Behemoth front (Nergal's health)

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
From Blabbermouth:
BEHEMOTH's Leukemia-Stricken Frontman Finds Bone Marrow Match! - Nov. 8, 2010
According to a posting on the Polish-language version of BEHEMOTH's official web site, the band's 33-year-old leukemia-stricken guitarist/vocalist, Adam "Nergal" Darski, has found a bone marrow donor that is a genetic match. He will soon undergo radiation to destroy his old bone marrow — where blood is made but which also contains the leukemia cells — and replace it with healthy donor bone marrow, which will then — hopefully — go on to produce healthy blood.

Every year, more than 10,000 people in the United States are diagnosed with leukemia or lymphoma, and a bone-marrow transplant from an unrelated person is their best or only hope for survival. There is no data available on how many people die waiting for a match, but only four out of 10 patients receive the needed transplant.

Darski's fiancée, 26-year-old Polish pop singer Doda (real name: Dorota Rabczewska), was one of the people who donated her bone marrow but her tissue type was not a close enough match.

This is really good news. I can only hope that things continue to get better for Nergal. He needs to get back to making music and telling all the posers to fuck the hell off. :worship:

My family (wife, 2 daughters and I) just recently became bone marrow donors. Hopefully one of us will be able to help someone in need.

Very fortunate for him that a matching donor was found so quickly. Extremely uncommon for that to happen, as I understand it. Good news indeed.

That's very cool. I had no idea that only 4/10 get the transplant they require, I think we need to look into signing up as well.

Good for you, all you do is fill out the necessary forms, they draw some blood, send it off for DNA testing, and if all goes well, you go in the data bank. We are still waiting for our results to come back and our confirmation

Good for you, all you do is fill out the necessary forms, they draw some blood, send it off for DNA testing, and if all goes well, you go in the data bank. We are still waiting for our results to come back and our confirmation

I used bethematch.org they send you a kit to swab your mouth and you send it back.