Good news; work in progress on next album!

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
Hey everybody/Oyvind/Illusion Suite,

We need a little more action on the forum hence this thread!!

Good to read that the next album is (slowly) getting shape.
Drums and rythm guitars are done, the keyboards for a couple of songs are also done and the basstracks are recorded at the moment.
So, everything's looking good so far!

I'll ask my Facebook question here as well since it wasn't answered yet.
Regarding the songs, this statement was made "...It will be 10 songs plus a couple of spice's in between.."
My question: "Does this mean we're looking at (some sort of) a concept-album...?".

Take care and all the best in the next couple of weeks during recording!

Heeey Kazar !!

Thanx for keeping the flame alive;-)

Well, yes.. the album is taking shape. And as you write and know we are recording bass ass we speak. Feels good to get some meat on the bone!!
We havent found out yet if this will be a consept album, but we have some cool ideas. The artwork/designplans are set. So we are figuring out if we are going to base the album on the cover theme..
Part of the magic is writing the lyrics while the songs are taking shape. The structure and arrangements are done, but still a lot can/will happen with the feeling of the songs.. so... the lyrics are not done;-)

Hey Oyvind,

Thanks for the fast reply ;)!

It's cool to read that the feeling of the songs will eventually determine whether this will be a concept-album or not.
IF you have some ideas for a great story though - go for it :kickass:!

It would be great if you could share some videos of 'the making of the album'! It's always fun to see some footage from the studio and of course, the vids are also nice appetizers/teasers - it'll keep the flame alive indeed :devil: .

Good luck in the studio the next couple of weeks, finishing the recording of all the instruments and creating some fantastic lyrics as well!!

Take care.

I realized I havent been to active on this forum, but better late than never, he, he.

I just wanted to share some of the latest progress with you guys as it has been a long time with us without not much happening. The instrumental parts are as good as finished now. We are working hard on vocal and lyrics and we have a good bite at this job. This album will not be a concept album. It will be finished recorded before june and released as soon as possible after that.

thank you gusy for your intest.

Bill

Hey Bill!

Thanks for the update!
So, not a conceptalbum but therefore some diversity in subjects/stories - I'm OK with that :D.

Great news about the 'June-schedule', I guess an (early) fall-release is definitely a possibility then.
Good luck recording the vocals in the next couple of weeks/months :kickass:.

By the way, don't be shy about some vids from the studio ;).

hey! :D

im new here (just so u know) and i heard illusion suite today, great music!
love the tone and the musical themes and ideas in the album FINAL HOUR, pure awesome...but i am kinda curious about the new album.. does it consist of some instrumental tracks?:eek:

Hello guys!
Since I am replying this mail a bit late I get to answer to questions in one post.

Kazar, you are asking about some movies on the project. Here you can see the latest development in our project:

This is Illusion Suite's Media library:

http://bill-makatowicz.blogspot.no/2012/11/illusion-suite-movie-archive.html

We are also proud to tell you that we are working on a ten minute long documentary of the vocal recording featuring interviews and a music video of our single track. We are estimated that this video will be released in mid december.

Pink Jello, you asked if there are any instrumental tracks on our album. The short answer is "no". We have several instrumental passages and we are currently thinking of having an intro on the album, but this is not yet decided.

I am sorry for being so absent on this forum and from now on I will be much quicker to answer. Hope you forgive me.

Bill ;)