good opportunities in bad times...

jrt12

Oct 20, 2008
Hell-ay, CA
i know that its a tough time for most people right now, money-wise and job-wise. but i guess the capitalist american in me has always held the slightest bit of optimism that with every misfortune comes opportunity, and its our job to find what that may be. and no, i dont mean exploitation or taking advantage of others, but identifying opportunities and being ready to jump on them.

i know i've said it a few times to specific posts, but i just wanted to encourage the rest on this forum who have terminal cases of GAS... be vigilent during these times. alot of people out there are having to make hard choices regarding their finances and their toys. be on the lookout and be ready for amazing deals on craigslist, ebay and others. i wasnt even looking for a guitar, but i got an amazing deal on a Schecter Custom Devil. Excellent condition, just some buckle rash on the back... these things are normally $750 new, i got a year old one for $250. THis guy had to sell it before saturday and had cut the price so drastically to ensure it sold. dont know why he needed the money, not my problem, but i ended up with an amazing guitar at a garage sale price.

so i guess i say all that to say this. its a tough time, but if you keep your eyes out, you can come out a winner during these times by stockign up on great used gear at unbeatable prices. ok, enough of that... i'm off to experiment with my new downtuned guitar. i've never played with drop C before, should be interesting :headbang:

good oportunities in: haha.

Yeah dude nice advice!!, im already looking for some good deals, mustly locally, but i`ll try to find something on the web.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude.....you are absolutely right.
I've seen some crazy deals on ebay for the past few weeks.
If any one has some spare moneys,its his great chance for awesome purchases.
Hell...i've been lucky enough my self:)