Strangelight

steak(knife) no more
Jul 3, 2002
www.strangelight-records.com
postcard01.jpg

whelans_dublin.jpg

cranebar_galway_music.jpg

odonoghues_full.jpg

so what does a pub need to be a GOOD one?
i'm serious, i don't know a thing about pubs, tho i spend yesterday afternoon in one in utrecht and i had a great time . so what doe it take???

every pub has its purpose:

DK%20Pol%20achter.jpg

dreupelkot gent - shotbar: lets get drunk! i never took a seat in this pub, just taking a bit of time to take some shots, testing differnt kinds of gin.

hotsy totsy gent - no pic yet
weather for a hot chocolate (best place in town) and discussing girl matters - weather playing pool in drunken condition. not a place to kick off the evening

irish pubs - gent see duncs pics
bit expensive and irish hyped, but cosy and easy meeting places. scary pubs though, they even have a dishwasher! getting drunk: very probable - good atmosphere

pink flamingo`s, tvelooke, limonada, gent
ideal places to take your foreign friends to.
being a hipster (barbie lights), dump with wooden fire and a hipster swimming pool
not i dislike this places, but sometimes too touristic, dont often get drunk in there

de verloren hemel (lost heaven) including mushroom cellar. goths united. atmosphere is alright though, general laughter bout girls talking theyre vampires on tele. too long not going there anymore

all kinds of student pubs: to be avoided
underground pubs: "texcuus", "tzwart gat", "by jules" old and young mixes up

dirty old men moaning bout the good old times and trying to squeeze your butt might be an essential part of an underground pub, as well are normal prices (1.50 max for a coke or a beer)

charlatan pub is the place to score in gent btw. no way you can make conversations in there, but sometimes nice new bands and loads of swing nights under a disco ball.
this is for the early hours.

backdoor ghent. rock cafe. and not on a high volume. not a lot of students. nice one you should try elisabeth... its right in front of the 'defoo'

jh zigzag is the place to be. (jh is for youthclub)

i heared they have gigs and party's sometimes.
like this saterday there would be a metalgig. :D

Mariner said:
backdoor ghent. rock cafe. and not on a high volume. not a lot of students. nice one you should try elisabeth... its right in front of the 'defoo'
have been there one of the first weeks it opened dear :)
its decent, but too far from my place to go there often.

There's a real Irish pub not far from here (When you leave the Aalst train station it's right in front of you). I forgot the name, it was something with paddy's or something with celtic in it :) Gotta check tomorrow. They serve Irish beers and there's always a big Irish flag hanging outside.

yeah I didnt mean to do that ...

What I was gonna say is I dont think the pub is what matters if your with your mates and your having a laff then it doesnt really matter where you are ...chheessyy but troo

La'go is klass cos its cheap ... and pretty and they play the soundtrack to dirty dancing