Pubs/clubs.

Paxoman

Sep 10, 2002
A stranger in a strange land!
Visit site

Anyone know of some good pubs/clubs that have bands/tribute bands etc, in the central London area? Apart from Borderline, Garage, Underground etc. I'm going through a phase of wanting to see tribute bands at the moment!

Off to see UDO tonight at the Underground, should be good. Not that UDO is a tribute band! Well, maybe to Accept!!!

Pax.

You are a lucky sod. Try living in Cornwall for a bit. Closest gig I get are Bristol because the live gig scene down here is Dead. :(
Was UDO any good? Area54 were supporting as well weren't they?

Well that will teach you for living in Cornwall! But I bet the pasties are nice!

Udo were absolutely superb. I wasn't expecting it to be that good, but it was. And when they played Princess of the dawn, god that was brilliant! Well worth the 12 quid to get in alone! Balls to the wall was great also, and UDO's own stuff wern't half bad as well.

There were 2 bands supporting, Siberia (from Germany), and Area 54. Siberia were a bit pants, but a catchy kind of pants! Call me old fashioned, but keyboards in a metal band don't belong. Now I know the bass player of Area 54 looks at this site so I'll have to be careful here! I was going to go and see this band anyway, so when I heard they were supporting UDO I was well chuffed. Don't know if it was the poor sound or what, but I couldn't get into it to be honest. Apparently some bloke in the audience was giving them grief, which I think is well out of order.

UDO was the 1st of three gigs in a row, and was definitely the best of the three. So a now tired Mr Paxo is going to Tenerife next week to recover!

Paxo.