Good Topic

warsofwinter

In memory of Chuck
May 2, 2001
Corner Brook Canada
www.warsofwinter.cjb.net
I remember back a few months ago when our band was interviewd, they asked a question that went sort of along the lines of " What music are you listening to at the moment?" you know , sort of a "what inspired you?" kind of question . Anyway I was think about that question alot trying to think of all the bands that inspired me ,, I thought about Opeth and how they inspired me to write things , I thought about Death and the Impact that they made on the sound of our band . But I couldn't think of any music that truly inspires me to write the music that I write so I came to a conclusion that:

1. An author's music is a musical representation of the author's life and how the author compares other lifes to his/her own.

2. Only 2/4 of an author's music is affected by other music , the rest of the ispiration comes directly from things the author has witnessed in his/her life. 0.5/4 feeling that the author is feeling from the life that he/she is living at the the current time , 0.5/4 is from how the author was raised , were he was born and so on ,,,, 0.5/4 of the ispiration comes from the good things that has happened to the Author , and the rest(0.5/4) comes from the bad things .

3.Some author's that were studied were found to be very quiet and usually kept to thereselve's alot and did not interact with society , yet the author's music was very emotional and moving and seemed to be deeply influenced by the very society surrounding these people . Are these author's learning more about society and how it changes by staying away from it , if you become a part of society you can't watch it evolve ,right?so these author's just view society like a movie , and then take all these things that they have learned and incorprate(spelling?) them into their music to create very unique sounds and make there music sound like nothing ever heard before?.

4. When an author is inspired to write something , if the author records his/her music and listens to it and finds that the music is very unique, then you can easily tell the author is using another form of inspiration besides other music .

5.Here in Newfoundland ,canada around 1500's and 1600's the towns here were very iscolated although the music in each town was very similar to one another .. whats the cause for this you may ask? . well these people(artist's) grew up in very similar towns because of the culture in newfoundland at the time ,so these artist's would be influenced by the same things as each other and be influence to write the same type of music .

Ok anyway, I just wrote that because that's what I have been
thining about , I just smoked a couple g's and had nothing else to do ,,,,," if you become a part of society you can't watch it evolve "hehehe

Same deal with my band.

Death has had a huge impact on me, and so has opeth, and nevermore, as well as Metallica - '...and justice for all'... but none of these have had a big impact on the style of music my band plays...

If at all influenced, our style is a cross between ...justice, cynic, martyr... but not really at all??

ha ha gha