Extended Essay about Opeth

Righto!

I have handed in my essay rough draft/plan and it has been accepted so that's a good start :)

Now my next step is to find 2 songs to compare musically, a classic prog-rock song and an Opeth song.

I have heard that there are some songs or riffs that Opeth have "borrowed" so to speak... enlighten me! :lol:

Camel's Never Let Go -> Benighted's intro is a well known example, but perhaps a bit short. I think it would be more interesting to find something that has borrowed structure rather than riffs.

haha you beat me to it! In the Lementations DVD Mikael says the song Ending Credits "is totally ripped off from a band called Camel" but I have no idea what Camel song it could be. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

YARGH! This is getting urgent now!

I desperately need an Opeth song and a UK prog-rock song to compare musically (in terms of structure).
It's a bonus if they're similar!

I thought about using "Aqualung" by Jethro Tull... but I just cannot decide which Opeth song to choose! ("Black Rose Immortal" is too long...)
So what I'm looking for are VERY progressive and diverse songs. Possibly Camel or Yes for the UK-prog?

Yes "this thread hurts"... but I hope for more of your until-now-very-helpful advice!
:kickass: -Vic (Flem)