Goodbye for Six Weeks Everyone

PlatypusJesus

A Dead Sun Serenity
Aug 24, 2002
Visit site
OH GOD I'M GOING TO MISS YOU ALL!!! :cry: (actually, I'm only going to miss a select few and you are not one of them, Luke) This is where I am going away to:

What Is Governor's School?

The Arkansas Governor's School is a totally unique educational opportunity for any Arkansas junior with exceptional abilities, creativity, and the maturity to benefit from a six week immersion in a Socratic learning environment. Held on the Hendrix College campus in Conway, this summer residential program is classes, concerts, art exhibits, drama performances, nationally known speakers, inspiring films, and many other opportunities to learn o your own and from others, as well as from a distinguished faculty and staff. The AGS is an innovative program designed for Arkansas’ brightest youth. It is neither an acceleration of high school nor an anticipation of college. Its curriculum focuses on theory rather than practice, the paradigms of modern thinking rather than specific applications, and on critical, analytical thinking processes rather than data acquisition. The program exposes students to the best in 20th century art, music, literature, film and thought in the sciences, social sciences and humanities.

Students are selected to attend the Governor’s School on the basis of their abilities and interests in a particular intellectual discipline or artistic field. Governor’s School is a competitive program, which requires nomination by the high school counselor. Students may be nominated in up to three of eight academic or art disciplines, but will be selected to attend in only one. About 2/3 of each student’s class time is spent in his or her selected discipline, or Area I. In keeping with the school’s aim of developing competencies in the use of theory to understand, manage and integrate knowledge, each student also pursues classroom work and reading in two other areas: General Conceptual Development (Area II) and Personal and Social Development (Area III). Curriculum for Areas II and III are similar for all students.

While Governor’s School requires academic work and intellectual challenge, it is also a great deal of fun. A full-time recreation director and social activities director are on site for the entire program to plan activities for students nearly every night of the week. All Hendrix facilities are available to the Governor’s School students, including the pool, weight room, Mabee recreational complex, library and computer lab.

The AGS is an atmosphere of intellectual, cultural, and social excitement. The intensity and enthusiasm combine with high expectations and often lead to heated but enlightening discussions on almost every topic. This atmosphere, which permeates the whole campus and runs non-stop for the full six weeks, is designed to arouse curiosity and inspire students to use and develop their intellectual capacities to the fullest. The AGS is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for students to maximize their special abilities and talents, integrate knowledge in creative ways, be futuristic problem solvers and enhance their roles as educated citizens in a democracy.

Now, why the hell would you bother reading all of that? You're not going there. If you read all of that, I have a gun you can borrow. Anyway, I will probably be able to come here every so often, but I probably won't. :p Goodbye.

congrats, i got nominated for the Governor's School of the Sciences in New Jersey, but i didn't make the final cut.

have fun.

I dont have the Herpies 2, I wore a bread bag after I slipped your momma the ruffie Lore Off Metal

Just playing along with your twisted Gein game
I was honerst about the trailer droog I recon i dosed yas wif
Bread baags make a cheap condom ent at ta pork squeelllll squeeellll

I won't have anyone to play with.

Bye. Good luck!

I'm going to pester your parents though. Just like you told me too. :)