Goodbye Mr. Furley.

zbarney.jpg

zfife.jpg

Barney: "Now the minute it looks like there's gonna be trouble, we got to nip it! Nip it in the bud! You got that? Let's hear it!"

Floyd and others: "Nip it in the bud!"
http://www.wavsource.com/tv/andy.htm

As a kid, I was a fan of both Three's Company and The Andy Griffith though. It was just something that was always on after school or after baseball practice.

I'm glad his legacy still plays on nick at nite.

funny dude for sure.

He was good in Pleasantville, or EdTV? I cán't remember which. I also liked Wakko's (Animaniacs) Don Knotts fetish. RIP

Mr. Furley was ten times funnier than the Ropers
I don't know Norman Fell was a pretty funny guy also.
Don Knott's will always be Barney Fife, even if they decide to make a shitty movie version of Mayberry someday.

i think if it weren't for don there would've been a kramer from seinfield..thats for sure....

laters don...and happy travels wherever you may go.........
r.i.p.

That sucks.. Anyone remember that movie "The incredible mister limpet"??

I wish I were a fish....

tomass74 said:
That sucks.. Anyone remember that movie "The incredible mister limpet"??

I wish I were a fish....

I was trying to remember the name of that movie today. A bunch of us were talking about Don Knotts and I couldn't remember. Thanks Tomass74. that was one of my favorites when I was little. He was such a good natured guy, and even though Mr. and Mrs. Roper were hilarious too, he had the perfect personality for Mr. Furley. And Barney and all the others he played. God, that sucks. I'm gonna miss him. Don Knotts was truly one of a kind.