Syd Barrett is dead

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
That'd be a reunion I would never oppose...

Agreed.

I don't even care if they charged an arm and a leg for the tickets to make it happen. I would not miss Floyd. Have you heard the new David Gilmour album? It's really good. I would still rather have a new Floyd album though.

I wouldn't get your hopes up at all for a new Floyd album... it just won't happen... Gilmour doesn't want anything to do with it anymore

if they reunite it would probably be another one-off for something really important... like a huge official Syd tribute/benefit/celebration concert... but as far as touring, once again, it just isn't going to happen, Gilmour has been really open as to why and such over the years

as much as I'd like to see the Floyd, I much rather might just like to see just David Gilmour on tour, because that's where he's happiest and most comfortable in his life right now, and I loved "On An Island"

Well, they reunited just a few months ago, so there is always hope. They have made amends with each other as far as the personal stuff goes. Now if they could get on the same page musically then there would be a possibilty.

MyHatred said:
Well, they reunited just a few months ago, so there is always hope.
yeah, you're talking about the Live 8 thing last year right? can't remember if that was 2004 or 2005... but anyway, Gilmour was more recently offered after that performance to perform Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety for a concert/DVD if I remember right, but he turned it down, and instead it has formed into a Roger Waters tour going on right now without any of the other Floyds (Mason is supposedly guesting on the July 14th for half the night though)... looks like the closest that tour is coming to me is 4 hours away in Chicago :cry:

dunno what'll happen though, but I don't have my hopes up for much of anything

I know this wanders a bit but has anyone ever heard of Several Species ?

They are a really good Pink Floyd Tribute band that play here in baltimore and elsewhere on the east coast and have done amazing light shows while playing Floyd flawlessly.

yeah, you're talking about the Live 8 thing last year right?
that was a little over a year ago, it was 4th of july weekend i believe.

i would give myhatred's left nut for a floyd reunion.

yet another sad loss to the music world.

RIP Sid:worship: :worship:

Live 8 was on 2nd July 2005 5 days before the London Bombings. After the gig Floyd were offered one of the largest payouts for a tour ever, and turned it down. I think they were offering them thousands to tour on whatever tearms they wanted.

I hope he rests in peace even though I'm not a fan. I'm a big fan of the Gilmour era Floyd, but I never really liked the Syd Barrett stuff.

Syd was one of the most noticeable acid casualties in rock - if you see some of the old footage from right around the time that Syd left/was removed from the band, all he's doing is standing on stage, not even making an attempt to play guitar or sing. Still, he created some of the Floyd's greatest early-career material - check out "See Emily Play," "Apples And Oranges" or "The Gnome" as proof.

MyHatred - if you're interested, I've got audio of Gilmour playing at MSG 4/5/06. If you want it, PM me.