Google Earth Quest

Malaclypse

Oct 18, 2001
Since everyone is so fond of games, here's yet another one:

1. download google earth (earth.google.com)

2. try to find the spot i captured on the bottom of the post using search and by guessing.

3. if you have, create and upload a waypoint (.kmz) file, which is a placemark everyone can load in google earth and travel to that point directly.

4. the one who finds the location first should him/herself pick out a new interesting location for others to find. make sure to use a generic filename as not to give hints, and remove longitude, latitude and other info google earth shows on the screen before submitting a picture.

ok, that's it for the rules, so here's a rather easy example to begin with:

GoogleEarthQuest1.JPG

try to find the location, post the .kmz file and another picture.

Welll I found the building (tis The Empire State Building, quite easy IMO), yet I don't know how to post the files you mentioned above. And how can I post another pic? Just like a normal one?

In the menu, go to "Add" -> Placemark. Enter a description. afterwards, goto file -> save as... and save the .kmz file to some location.
this file you would have to upload somewhere and post the link here. others can download and open the file in google earth and are transported to your designated location.

as for the pic, just press the "print screen" key on your keyboard (in the upper right region of your keyboard), open paint (shortcut: press winkey + r, type mspaint and hit enter), and press Ctrl+V. cut out or blur all additional info, save it as .jpeg file, and upload it.

well, ok, i thought posting the kmz file would diminish the chances of people randomly guessing, but i think it's too much trouble for the game. just post a pic or describe the location, then.