dt tour map

Arch

‫‬**‪‫‬**҉‫‬**‪‫‬**҉ ‫‬*
Oct 9, 2001
// -->
I started a Google map plotting out places dt have toured in.

dt2002.jpg

Currently, I've charted 12 or so places of their first U.S. tour in 2002. I'd like to cover every venue and every concert tour date they've been in, not just the U.S. ones. The tough part is getting the exact locations and coordinates (ex. latitude 43.071753 longitude -85.926602). I'm basing the information off of dt's tour page. As mentioned on that page, some info may not be complete or accurate. I appreciate some help if you could provide coordinates and the names of the venues they've performed in (but missing on their tour page), especially outside of the U.S.

dt20021.jpg

If you would like to offer suggestion or help to the map, that would be cool too.

Here's the map.

Drop me a line when you get to mapping the Italian dates, I'm sure I can pinpoint the exact place they happened. As for the rest of the non-US venues, right now the only thing that comes to mind is that the Tuska festival DT played at in 2004 takes place in the middle of Helsinki, very close to the train station. They also played in Greece, a few kilometers South (or was it East?) of Athens at another festival I've been to. That's all I have for now.

How can we determined the longitude and latitude ? I'm in the Google Maps thing, I've spot the place but.... I can't find long. lat. ....

May 4th, 2005: Medley, MOntreal, QC:
Lat: 45°30'46.13" N
Long: 73°33'32.23" W

February 26th 2006: Impérial, Quebec city, QC:
Lat: 46°48'46.82" N
Long: 73°33'44.28" W

February 27th 2006: Club Soda, Montreal, QC:
Lat: 45°30'33.06" N

Google Earth is a pretty good program to find exact locations and it is what I use. http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html

If you use Google Earth and would like to contribute, make sure the latitude and longitude is in degrees, not degrees, minutes, seconds. It's under Tools > Options...
snapshot3.png

Assuming that everything works and the program finds the right location, right click on the underlined address and click on properties. That should give you the coordinates:
googleearth.jpg

Lastly, it's written in the Google maps documentation that this map may not work with Apple Macintosh's Safari browser.

@rahvin: Whenever you have time, let me know the locations for their Italian/Greek show anytime. No hurry. I'll get to their European tour soon enough. ;)

@KitKat: Thanks! I'll input those in immediately. :)

Hail, fellow geeks! We actually made a Google earth tour for the last US trip, but not down to the exact coordinates. Very nifty program! Nothing beats waking up in your smelly bunk with the laptop on your belly informing you that there's a Starbucks next door to the venue.

Hmmm the quebec city data isn't good actually... it doesn't point at the good place...
Maybe you can verify if you typed it right, and I'll check too !

KitKat said:
May 4th, 2005: Medley, MOntreal, QC:
Lat: 45°30'46.13" N
Long: 73°33'32.23" W

February 26th 2006: Impérial, Quebec city, QC:
Lat: 46°48'46.82" N
Long: 71°13'39.55"

February 27th 2006: Club Soda, Montreal, QC:
Lat: 45°30'33.06" N

I made the mistake, sorry for that... corrections made!

Caotico said:
Hail, fellow geeks! We actually made a Google earth tour for the last US trip, but not down to the exact coordinates. Very nifty program! Nothing beats waking up in your smelly bunk with the laptop on your belly informing you that there's a Starbucks next door to the venue.

Mmmmmm Starbucks !!!! :saint: :loco:

And I am not a geek :heh:

Caotico said:

:lol: Starbucks rule (especially sushi places next door to them :kickass: )

KitKat said:
Mmmmmm Starbucks !!!! :saint: :loco:
And I am not a geek :heh:

You r teh NERD!!1! :heh:

//I definitely am both... hold on, lemme tape moi glasses. :zombie:

Caotico said:

Hahaha Google Earth is so useful, it even helps fellow metal heads plan their tours :) :headbang: .

Well, this ones are the coordinates for the konzert DT gave on June 15th, 2005 at 20:30 +- in San Jose, Costa Rica. Thye did it in a place called "PLanet Mall", inside a shopping center called "Mall San Pedro". Those are the exact coordinates of where the stage was (kind of hehe :saint:). :

Lat: 9° 55'53.44" N

Long: 84° 03'40.56" W

the venues in belgium in 2005 were:

June 26, Graspop Metal Meeting, Dessel
December 8, Hof Ter Lo, Antwerpen (exact adress: Noordersingel 30, Borgerhout (Antwerpen)

This is what i know, but without coordinates:

2001, Jan 27: Athens, Greece. Venue: Woodstock club
2001, Jan 28: Athens, Greece. Venue: Woodstock club
2002, Oct 19: Thessaloniki, Greece. Venue: Ydrogeios club
2002, Oct 20: Athens, Greece. Venue: Gagarin 205
2004, Jun 19 - Rockwave festival, Malakasa Attikis, Greece. Venue: Terravibe

edit: i'm not really sure about the first two, but that's what i remember being told.

Caotico said:

In America, there's a Starbucks next to everything. Basically every other building is a Starbucks. Better hurry up there, this thread is becoming a Starbucks in fifteen minutes.

As for the NYC places, I'll bring my GPS unit along next time I'm there and find them for you :)

Steve said:
In America, there's a Starbucks next to everything. Basically every other building is a Starbucks. Better hurry up there, this thread is becoming a Starbucks in fifteen minutes.

As for the NYC places, I'll bring my GPS unit along next time I'm there and find them for you :)

Why do you need a GPS unit, if "every other building is a Starbucks"?

Starbucks didn'T infest Montreal as much as the US yet...
But still it's good ! :p We have a bunch of other coffee shop like Starbucks..