DT Returns to US <--- If You Are Going, Post Here

FUN HAPPINESS OF CONCERT AND MEETING BAND!!!!

-review pending-
Key Points
>Stanne wipes himself with my name tag... see, even the band doesn't respect them :p ;)
>Stanne and others sign my Mind's I cd booklet... fun....

<snooze>

~Kovenant

Holy Shit...

I echo Kovenant's words. Amazing show, and meeting the band afterwards (and getting almost all my CD booklets signed by every one of them :) ) made up for missing the first song.

I got some pics with my camera, but the batteries were running low....here's a few I could salvage (I hope this works...)

IM000485a.JPG

IM000483a.JPG

IM000489w.JPG

Wow, that last one's a big one, huh? I'll crop it down in the morning....er, in a few hours, rather, so I don't feel the wrath of those of you on dialup :)

-Humanure (who didn't need a nametag to meet up with Kovenant :D )

Originally posted by Kovenant84
>Stanne wipes himself with my name tag... see, even the band doesn't respect them :p ;)
>Stanne and others sign my Mind's I cd booklet... fun....

I guess that's better than Stanne wiping himself with your TMI-booklet, huh? :D

Humanure: Great pictures! ;)

-Villain

In my infinite wisdom, I forgot that I don't have a scanner here in school, so I won't have my pics up until Saturday, even though I'll have them today. :(

Anyway, now that I'm at least decently awake, here comes the review. -------

Ok, as far as I can tell, I missed Berzerker, and as far as I can tell, thats a good thing.

I got there about 15 mins before Strapping Young Lad came on. Never heard them play before, even studio stuff, and I can't say I was too disappointed. Funny thing tho:... Devin Townsend walks out, and right before he starts to talk to the crowd, someone screams in the dead silence ... "YOU RUINED SOILWORK, YOU BASTARD!!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funny stuff.

Anyway, now the important stuff. First, I was kinda psyched cause while SYL was playing, the DT guys kept walking out of the backstage area, where I had positioned myself without realizing it. Then, when DT actually came out on stage, I moved toward the center... wound up being right in front of Niklas. So I apologize, Nik and Michael, if you guys were blinded by my camera's flash. But the solos were just too damn cool not to photo :).
Set List (tried for order, but maybe i messed it up) : Sun Fired Blanks, Monochromatic Stains, Punish My Heaven, Damage Done, Wonders at Your Feet, Zodijackyl Light, Final Resistance.
I know it was 7 songs, the order just escapes me. Anywho, going with Sunjammer's ideas of the name tags, I had printed two up for myself. Being a cheap college student, I printed them on plain paper, and used safety pins. But that looked really dumb, so I took them off. This is where it got funny. During Zodijackyl Light, if anyone saw Mikael wipe himself with something, that was my name tag... :p ... I gave it to him while he was singing near us... sorta to show the UM support there.

Anyway... the set was amazing, and the crowd loved it, even those people who had never heard them before(... I was talking to a Napalm Death fan there who though Niklas' solos were quite amazing - I of course congratulated him on his insight :p).

Afterwords, got my pic taken with Stanne (twice :p), and had him sign my TMI booklet. Couldn't find the rest of the band though, so I was kinda upset. Then, during Napalm Death, Stanne, Niklas, and Martin B. came out to watch. I got Nik to sign my booklet, but I missed Martin, and unfortunately didn't see him again for the rest of the night. Everything was going cool till the singer from Napalm Death took my pen and didn't give it back. So I was kinda pissed cause I couldn't stuff signed. That's when I ran into Humanure. Great to meet you man, and thanks so much for the pen and pics!

I think I'll scan in my TMI booklet saturday, too just to show all the sigs. Anyway... I need more sleep...

Later everyone.

~Kovenant

No problem, Kove, glad to be of service :D

My gf got a bunch of pics with her regular camera (including pics of me w/Stanne, Niklas, Martin H., and Nicklasson :) :) :) ). If I don't look too retarded in them, I'll try to post them once we get them developed and scanned....

-Humanure

Here, I moved it myself. Bastards

SooI found a ride so I ended up going (thank god), and it was great. I got there when Strapping Young Lad was finishing up and squirmed my way to the front. DT was awesome, but I don't remember what they played, I know Punish My Heaven, The Wonders At Your Feet, Damage Done, Final Resistance, Monocromatic Stains, The Treason Wall, and Zodijackyl Light. (not in that order, I don't remember order and I probly left somethin out)Ended up hanging out with Anders Jivarp for most of the time after they played, which was fun. But due to Nile's extreme suckage we went outside and walked around a bit. Then we came back because it was too cold and made fun of Nile alot. <3 Anders. Soo umm.. anyone see Niklas playing a different guitar? Some guy named Ray bought it for him, how crazy is that?

I am bored.

Originally posted by Tranquil Chaos
Rahvin, I was kidding. lol.. I hate the internet because noone can tell when you're serious or not :(

uh, don't worry. it's just me tonight.
however, next time just ask and i'll move it, so that the other posts can be saved also. :)

rahvin.

Now I'm complaining about it, b/c my fantastic post was lost. This is bullshit. My post count is very special to me :p

:) j/k. Hey, Tranquil, so I guess that was you I met outside the club after the show, huh? I shoulda thanked you then - it was by following you and Anders that me and my gf were able to re-enter. Haha...I had no idea it was a member of DT you were with or I probably wouldn't have tried :)

-Humanure (not wanting to go to class :yuk: )

When i saw them, i knew DT had entered the club (where the after-live party was held) just by seeing the top of Ander's head. :D

Hey, noone said you aren't a good fan, i was just trying to break a joke on Ander's shiny head. :D