"I have returned from a long abscence!" <----You? Post HERE!

I should remember to check back here once a year, around February. It's been over a year already since my last post :)

Getting by, life is good, not great, but definitely not all that bad either thankfully.

Now, to listen to some DT while the mood lasts... let's start with Projector.

Yo wassup guys? Im pretty new to the forum and getting excited for the new album, thats why I looked for it. Have a nice day ev-ree-body :)

Here's the thing:

People are actually posting more than ever. They're just doing it on stuff like Twitter and Facebook.

It's not that the forum is dead, it's that people are posting on other mediums.

If you really want to talk to your forum buddies, you gotta hunt them down on Twitter or Facebook.

Ultimate metal uses a forum format that was en vogue 10 years ago, and has become increasingly disused in every corner of the internet.

Some of us, of course, still come here because we know this is one of the few places band members post directly. Many of them are tech savvy, but others don't like the social media phenomenon (not speaking about DT specifically here now), and others like the quieter, older forum format.

At any rate, I should probably not be lazy and create a UM DT FORUM USER GROUP that's directly related to the actual DT facebook page (assuming they have one). But I'm too busy.

So, summary: your forum friends are posting shit even more than ever, just not here. You need to herd your friends somewhere they are posting, and you can have your music friends back!

Here's the thing:

People are actually posting more than ever. They're just doing it on stuff like Twitter and Facebook.

It's not that the forum is dead, it's that people are posting on other mediums.

If you really want to talk to your forum buddies, you gotta hunt them down on Twitter or Facebook.

Ultimate metal uses a forum format that was en vogue 10 years ago, and has become increasingly disused in every corner of the internet.

Some of us, of course, still come here because we know this is one of the few places band members post directly. Many of them are tech savvy, but others don't like the social media phenomenon (not speaking about DT specifically here now), and others like the quieter, older forum format.

At any rate, I should probably not be lazy and create a UM DT FORUM USER GROUP that's directly related to the actual DT facebook page (assuming they have one). But I'm too busy.

So, summary: your forum friends are posting shit even more than ever, just not here. You need to herd your friends somewhere they are posting, and you can have your music friends back!

Completely true, Niklas and Martin B. post a lot on FB, whereas, for example, the latter didn't post here at all (probably because of the fish allergies post hahaha…), but now both of them are relatively active posters on FB. It's kind of sad to see that the forum here is so dead, but UM didn't evolve with the times and is now obsolete. FB is better because there's more interaction, but the discussions here were/are a lot more meaningful than the simple FB posts.

off topic ...
I disagree with the above
peeps are still coming to this forum, they just don't post anything.
I started 'the final resistance' thread, in about 10 days, 86 members had a look at it.

As a member of the anti-social media,
I have nothing to do with facebook, twitter, etc. -

I dont know what the hell is happening to this forum maybe nobody wants to talk? :confused:

Actually there is not much good UM forum, example like the CoB selection is also dying but 1 dude always writes some brainstorms and sheet...
I would love to see all the news posted here from facebook, maybe I even start a thread myself.

off topic ...
I started 'the final resistance' thread, in about 10 days, 86 members had a look at it.

While I agree with the sentiment of the anti-media stance... I'm just describing reality. You can't disagree with me anymore than you can disagree with gravity. And the gravity in the internet is towards social media. Forums are social media of the first internet age. Sorry, but dats wat u gat, my friend.

We're here because of nostalgia. Not much else. POSTS OF DAYS PAST.

I come here all the time still, I just don't log in or post very often. :c
Welcome back my friend
to the show that never ends

@ Naglfar ... Reality, WTF is that?
If you say collective co-existence, I'll go along with that.
As for social media all that proves is you have opposable thumbs.
If you want to spend 24/7 on SM, go for it,
me I'm going to read a book, go fishing, to a concert,
or tell my woman friend how beautiful she is -

I dont know what the hell is happening to this forum maybe nobody wants to talk? :confused:

Actually there is not much good UM forum, example like the CoB selection is also dying but 1 dude always writes some brainstorms and sheet...
I would love to see all the news posted here from facebook, maybe I even start a thread myself.

Really, even the CoB forum is dead? That's saying a lot. UM needs to add some integration with fb (I mean, we don't even have a "like" button here! XD) or it will continue going down the road of its slow death.

While I agree with the sentiment of the anti-media stance... I'm just describing reality. You can't disagree with me anymore than you can disagree with gravity. And the gravity in the internet is towards social media. Forums are social media of the first internet age. Sorry, but dats wat u gat, my friend.

We're here because of nostalgia. Not much else. POSTS OF DAYS PAST.

I do agree with you and me trying to create a lot of random threads here is certainly nostalgia, but also a need to interact with those that aren't on fb. Plus, discussions here are slower, which is really nice when compared to the ones on fb.

@ Naglfar ... Reality, WTF is that?
If you say collective co-existence, I'll go along with that.
As for social media all that proves is you have opposable thumbs.
If you want to spend 24/7 on SM, go for it,
me I'm going to read a book, go fishing, to a concert,
or tell my woman friend how beautiful she is -

off topic ...

Only 86? That's nothing, really; nothing compared to when the forum was more active, let alone social media.

Narky is back after a long long time away. Nice to be back here guys

p.s. Forgot my previous password and username and was too lazy to do the email thing, so, new username for me :)

I have returned from a long absence. Well, actually I just passed by and stopped to drop a line or two, does that count as returning?

EDIT: Woah!! Just realized that it's been more than a decade since I joined this board. It meant a lot to me at the time. I hope old regulars are doing fine, although I realize this makes me sensitive and thus less death-metal-ish... or something.

:p

|ng.

Just yesterday or the day before I was thinking about which old forum guy recommended Ulver to me (new album arrived this week). And for a while I thought it might have been you. Turns out it wasn't you, it was QRV, but still, I did think about you just two days ago.

And I think most of us are doing fine. Some ups here, some downs there, life and stuff. But everyone is still like totally trve and uber. Metal l..l,

I have returned from a long absence. Well, actually I just passed by and stopped to drop a line or two, does that count as returning?

EDIT: Woah!! Just realized that it's been more than a decade since I joined this board. It meant a lot to me at the time. I hope old regulars are doing fine, although I realize this makes me sensitive and thus less death-metal-ish... or something.

:p

|ng.

I think 2 lines was more than what I did :p

Also, yeah, almost 12 years, bloody hell, I feel old now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I feel old, cos, well, I am whahahah

I'm still alive and lurking.

Currently unemployed, just back from a 10 day skiing trip, and listening to Underworld.

Fun fact: it's been exactly 9 years and two days since the first time I saw Dark Tranquillity live!

I couldn't remember my old password. I rejoined the forum today. Been many many years. But had many cool friendships result from this forum "back in the day." I used to be BigFakeSmile. Everything happens on facebook now, but I never knew most of my "friends'" real names!