"I have returned from a long abscence!" <----You? Post HERE!

For a minute there, it felt like it was 10 years ago. And then the minute passed..

Yeah, felt the same. Good times, good times. Maybe we should open a thread reminiscing about back in the day like old people do, sounds like fun to me at least.

In November after being at a metal concert for the first time since about two years, it was Dark Tranquillity in Berlin, I thought I should go to metal concerts more often again, the people were mostly great, it was fun, DT is still great live, even for the sixth or seventh time now they don't get boring, and I realized even metalheads love rainbow bubbles (little hint here, if you go somewhere alone and want just the right people to come up and talk to you, use rainbow bubbles, works wonders).
But sadly, living in Bayreuth I get nowhere near good metal shows so I am slowly turning into a highly cultured idiot going to classical concerts, theatre and contemporary dance.
For those who care about my personal life, still studying International Economics and Development though I am constantly crawling closer to the finish. And life is good. Except for economical world politics. Anyone read the new OXFAM report? Not that they are telling anything new, I study that stuff, but still.
http://blogs.oxfam.org/en/blog/12-01-19-left-behind-g20-time-tackle-inequality

And for old time's sake:
:danceboy:

Yeah, felt the same. Good times, good times. Maybe we should open a thread reminiscing about back in the day like old people do, sounds like fun to me at least.

In November after being at a metal concert for the first time since about two years, it was Dark Tranquillity in Berlin, I thought I should go to metal concerts more often again, the people were mostly great, it was fun, DT is still great live, even for the sixth or seventh time now they don't get boring, and I realized even metalheads love rainbow bubbles (little hint here, if you go somewhere alone and want just the right people to come up and talk to you, use rainbow bubbles, works wonders).
But sadly, living in Bayreuth I get nowhere near good metal shows so I am slowly turning into a highly cultured idiot going to classical concerts, theatre and contemporary dance.
For those who care about my personal life, still studying International Economics and Development though I am constantly crawling closer to the finish. And life is good. Except for economical world politics. Anyone read the new OXFAM report? Not that they are telling anything new, I study that stuff, but still.
http://blogs.oxfam.org/en/blog/12-01-19-left-behind-g20-time-tackle-inequality

And for old time's sake:
:danceboy:

Hej Matse! :danceboy:

(Funny, the danceboy seemed to dance to SoaD's 'Cigaro'.

Good to have you back, everyone seems to have left. I have FB, by the way.

Matse: yeah, let's do the old people thing...

So, two of our forum people had kids: Opi and KC. Any other new mothers/fathers?

Rahvin got married, I'm not sure about any other wedding.

Last time I heard from Dark Jester, he was living in Northern Italy and pursuing a PhD. I have Wolfman von Jones on Facebook and he's doing well, speaking highly of his girlfriend, and still fighting crime on the streets of Chicago.

About me: I lived in Germany for a while then I realized there are better choices in life than living in Germany. Now I'm back to base camp and about to move to Switzerland for a few months; one of the big questions is "Why do I keep on choosing stupid destinations?". I had a lot of therapy and ended it in December telling the therapist to get lost (well, politely). Yeah!

No kids here, except for myself. Haven't had any contact with others from the forum in quite some time except for failed attempts to meet with the dwarf. Wrote to Villain and the fishwoman in hope of them joining Madam Nostalgia.

@Hyena: Nice to hear though that you never lost that healthy bit of cynism. And I never had the feeling therapists were for the smart ones for they cannot really tell them anything new as soon as the self-analysation has made good progress. Although I did think my piano teacher did a decent job guessing some parts of my inner self only looking at the way I treat the keys and the music.
Oh and regarding the places, I ended up in one of Germany's most conservative cities, in a university whose philosophy department consists of analytical philosophy only has no psychology whatsoever and barely any literature courses. We do really well on Law, Business and Polymer Science though. Well, at least I found some great guys who are trying to save the world. Not so sure about myself in that regard, whether to try to save it or turn my arse to it.

Hehe, the American English spelling error red underlining program doesn't know the word arse. :)

What is this? The social media boom is over and all us old farts are forsaking our Facebook / Twitter / whatever accounts so that we can re-focus all our online-attention (as much as we have it left) back to ancient forums where we can wittily argue about all kinds of silly things (and hate Anders Friden, apparently)?

Sign me u... oh, the minute is gone. Too bad.

-Villain

Matse: yeah, let's do the old people thing...

So, two of our forum people had kids: Opi and KC. Any other new mothers/fathers?

Rahvin got married, I'm not sure about any other wedding.

Last time I heard from Dark Jester, he was living in Northern Italy and pursuing a PhD. I have Wolfman von Jones on Facebook and he's doing well, speaking highly of his girlfriend, and still fighting crime on the streets of Chicago.

About me: I lived in Germany for a while then I realized there are better choices in life than living in Germany. Now I'm back to base camp and about to move to Switzerland for a few months; one of the big questions is "Why do I keep on choosing stupid destinations?". I had a lot of therapy and ended it in December telling the therapist to get lost (well, politely). Yeah!

Since I sometimes use the UN Dark Jester I got a bit confused. Telling therapists to 'get lost' is always fun, I did so with my psychoanalyst. (Really? I do ALL the talking? What a waste of money.) Sorry to hear Deutschland didn't work out, hopefully CH will be better.

No kids here, except for myself. Haven't had any contact with others from the forum in quite some time except for failed attempts to meet with the dwarf. Wrote to Villain and the fishwoman in hope of them joining Madam Nostalgia.

@Hyena: Nice to hear though that you never lost that healthy bit of cynism. And I never had the feeling therapists were for the smart ones for they cannot really tell them anything new as soon as the self-analysation has made good progress. Although I did think my piano teacher did a decent job guessing some parts of my inner self only looking at the way I treat the keys and the music.
Oh and regarding the places, I ended up in one of Germany's most conservative cities, in a university whose philosophy department consists of analytical philosophy only has no psychology whatsoever and barely any literature courses. We do really well on Law, Business and Polymer Science though. Well, at least I found some great guys who are trying to save the world. Not so sure about myself in that regard, whether to try to save it or turn my arse to it.

Hehe, the American English spelling error red underlining program doesn't know the word arse. :)
No literature courses??? Tsk tsk.

What is this? The social media boom is over and all us old farts are forsaking our Facebook / Twitter / whatever accounts so that we can re-focus all our online-attention (as much as we have it left) back to ancient forums where we can wittily argue about all kinds of silly things (and hate Anders Friden, apparently)?

Sign me u... oh, the minute is gone. Too bad.

-Villain

I don't hate Fridén, he's a cool guy. (Never met him, though.)

Me? Single; no kids; finished second MA (this one in ENG «» SPA translation); moving to Sweden as soon as I get a job.

If you ask 'Why Sweden?' then you shouldn't be on this forum at all. Haha.

It´s been a long while since the last time I was here, lots of things have change in my life and seems like the "old crew" is not around very often.

Anyway, hi everyone, I´m back and still alive :)

Still checking in every now and then. Graduated from college last year (Applied Physics, BSc), got a job, on-again off-again girlfriend, and ever expanding my music horizon as usual. Can't say I'm a big fan of DT's newer albums, though. Listening to a lot of 90's electronic music lately. The next concert I will attend is Earth, next month.
Well, so long again :)

Still checking in every now and then. Graduated from college last year (Applied Physics, BSc), got a job, on-again off-again girlfriend, and ever expanding my music horizon as usual. Can't say I'm a big fan of DT's newer albums, though. Listening to a lot of 90's electronic music lately. The next concert I will attend is Earth, next month.
Well, so long again :)

Applied physics :worship:.

Yeah, WAtV is still quite 'controversial' IMO.

I'm not exactly new here. I just started a new account after I didn't post for 2 years. :) so in a way I guess 'I'm back' even though I never posted in dt forums so I doubt none of you knew me anyways.. :S HI :D

After listening to "In my absence" a few hundred times, I'm back. <&#12304;&#9775;&#12305;&#8255;&#12304;&#9775;&#12305;>