'Something good happened today' <--You? Post here!

Dark_Jester

Unrepentant sentient
Jan 26, 2002
Lookout mountain
Visit site
I've decided to start a new thread to get away from some of the stigma of the old 'now feeling' thread.

So, the name of the game is to post anything that's happened to you today that's been good, made you feel happy, made you smile, whatever.
Here goes nothin':

Today, I finally picked up the two In Extremo cd's I've had on order since April, and listening to them, it was well worth the wait! The sun is shining, it's nice and warm, I've had a fairly successful day studying for exams in a week, and I feel like a very lucky guy. :D

Now, it's everyone elses turn. Get posting.

I got my internet back yesterday, this makes me less bored during the evening.
Also, I have been sleeping very well the past 2 nites, this is very interesting to
me, as I have had plenty of problems on that.

Also, I realized today that thursday is freeeeeeeeee, no work, that definetly
makes me happy.
Of course it's summer time, so I definetly have my spirits higher than normally :)

Today I had the final high-school history lesson of my life. :cool: It was quite fun actually, we were having a debate on who was most to blame for the onset of WW II, me and a friend succesfully argued that the one most to blame was the French Prime Minister Daladier and absolved Hitler of all guilt, painting him as a "victim of circumstances". Just one small history exam on Friday which I won't need to study for, and I'm over with school for this year. :cool:

Oh, good move sir.

Okay, this technically didn't happen today, but I'll post it anyway to get into the spirit of things. Two nights ago I heard foxes barking (or whatever it is that foxes do) to each other outside. It's not that unusual here, we often see a fox running through the garden of an evening, but this barking went on for ages and there was a lot of it. Eventually I looked out of my bedroom window, looking down the street, and there were 4 tiny little fox cubs on the street, and one bigger one with them (not big enough to be an adult though). This bigger one was sitting in the middle of the road watching the cubs, who were running around like mad, going up people's drives, then coming back down and going to the next drive and so on. They did this all the way down the street, and I stood there watching them for about 15 minutes or so. They kept geting closer and closer to my end of the street, then one of them finally reached our drive, and set the security light off, and crapped itself. :lol: It gave a little squeal and legged it back to the bigger one, and then they lay together for a bit. Then they all buggered off down another driveway. It was so damn cute to watch, it was like these 4 little kids were going on their first visit into Man-land, supervised by their big brother. :D

Rusty said:
Oh, good move sir.

Okay, this technically didn't happen today, but I'll post it anyway to get into the spirit of things. Two nights ago I heard foxes barking (or whatever it is that foxes do) to each other outside. It's not that unusual here, we often see a fox running through the garden of an evening, but this barking went on for ages and there was a lot of it. Eventually I looked out of my bedroom window, looking down the street, and there were 4 tiny little fox cubs on the street, and one bigger one with them (not big enough to be an adult though). This bigger one was sitting in the middle of the road watching the cubs, who were running around like mad, going up people's drives, then coming back down and going to the next drive and so on. They did this all the way down the street, and I stood there watching them for about 15 minutes or so. They kept geting closer and closer to my end of the street, then one of them finally reached our drive, and set the security light off, and crapped itself. :lol: It gave a little squeal and legged it back to the bigger one, and then they lay together for a bit. Then they all buggered off down another driveway. It was so damn cute to watch, it was like these 4 little kids were going on their first visit into Man-land, supervised by their big brother. :D
:) this made my day

Rusty said:
Oh, good move sir.

:) this made my day

I just helped my sister install a virus scanner and get rid of the multitude of
crap on her comp. Only a temp solution until I get there and install much more
secure system for her... no, not Linux but a very secured (ala paranoid me)
Windows 2000.
Infact we will still have to continue tomorrow, since thanks to her having a
crappy Windows ME (CURSE ON THEE MS FOR THIS PLAGUE) she needs to
do some more stuff, fucking hibernation. Anyway, it's easy now.

Whew, unfortunately she had a bunch of trojans and crap, so she will need
to change all passwords and such too :( oh well, she should be ok until I
get there :)

good question, most likely one of the trojans downloaded some crap tho.
Oh well, I will fix it when I get to my holiday.
Will give her my old CD-burner and Radeon 8500LE and hopefully she will
spring for the 256MB of ram so I can install the W2k.

Oh yeah, this is a crappy old Compaq 5000EA hahah

This is good: "Looks don't matter to me.."

Lie. Looks don't matter, MY ASS. Looks matter. Any girl that says "looks don't matter" is in denial. Proof? The good looking jerks that treat women like shit always get the women.