'Something good happened today' <--You? Post here!

during this awake period i accomplished lots of small, unimportant things, which leaves me with a feeling of, well, accomplishment :p
the remaining days of the week bring a marriage and lots of alcohol i reckon, so that will be good to. i rather post in advance because i probably can't remember afterwards :D

@Nick: It's not just women, you know ;) Plenty of men go for the beautiful women, who usually end up treating them like crap. And then they repeat the procedure. Again and again. Reminds me of this listening exercise in English we had today, where a guy argued that beautiful people are completely heartless, skilless (if that's a word) personalityless and so on only because since they're constantly being liked and forgiven because they're beautiful, they don't need to develop any other qualites.

Anyway, what I really meant to do was to praise my history teacher. Well, last time I actually had him as a teacher was two years ago, but all of us who had him the first year still regard him as "our" teacher and always turn to him when we need any help or advice. He will never say "it's impossible" and give up, he'll always give you a big smile and tell you he'll give it a go. Like today when I asked him to be my reference for my univeristy application, he didn't hesitate to accept even though he has to write it in English, he just said he'd let me read through and correct it :D (just hope he still feels up to it after having read what he needs to write...)
Always so positive, friendly and helpful, he's not only a great teacher but a great person as well.

A friend and I rode the elevators after lunch, visiting every floor and exploring abandoned office lots. It wasn&#8217;t useful as I don&#8217;t feel enlightened in any way, but it was a nice change from being bored all morning, trying hard to stay awake.

Great morning, sun is shining, the hayfever is burning my eyes :D :lol:

Finally got round to printing off the treaties I need for my european law exam, and managed to fix a continual paper misfeed error thats been plaguing my dad's laser printer for the past week. I might mention it to him, casually forgetting to mention the 200 pages I just printed ;)

this has been a great day so far. i took the final russian exam for this year (which means i'll ignore said language for the next three months, forgetting everything i've learned :p) and i got a pretty good mark as well. i'm also slightly drunk. :D

Congratulations Miolo :D Knowing what a pain russian exams usually are, I do envy you your three months of complete and utter forgetfulness ;)

I don't know if this thread will be more popular than the NF one, but... it does make my mood better, so thanks D_J for the idea. ;)

I cannot look calmly at my avatar. :lol: I am a spoiled one...

Oh, I am in the internet again! That's a reason for celebration. :)

Onyx said:
Oh, I am in the internet again! That's a reason for celebration. :)

You've uploaded yourself again?

What have i told you about doing that.,

(your name's not Jobe by any chance, and do you own a lawnmower?)

(either that or 'uploading' is some sort of new code word relating to your avatar ;) )

anyway.... so.. feeling good.. yes.... well. My Fear Factory tickets landed on my doorstep this morning! that is reason to celebrate, and though its not even 9am, i think cracking open a beer is in order.

I have no work today, this makes me :D like a madman.

Also yesterday, after 3 hour talk on the phone, I managed to help my sister to get
rid of the virii and other malware, she had a whole bunch of trojans, virii and like 200
spyware instances. And the original problem was solved too, a nasty little bugger that
caused a popup window to jump on the screen all the time. Whoever did this thing will
have a severe beating coming from me and then a snapped neck to end his miserable,
so called life.

really good idea for a thread, it cheers me up just to read it.

anyway, today i finally bought a present for a good friend, i got him 2 cds i'm sure he'll love. :)