US tour -> more recognition for DT?

PrinnyD00d

Everyone's Bitch
Feb 8, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering how much you guys think DT's touring in the US will increase their recognition here. It seemed like it happened a lot to In Flames, when they first toured here. Plus, the crowd reaction (including, I would assume, many people that had never heard DT) was phenomenal. People just loved it (and rightly so).

I'm not DT fan, only 'cause I don't have an album as of yet. Now with that said.....

Damn straight it will make a difference. I brought a lot of bands CD just for how they played live. When people hear just how good they are, they will go out and purchase an album. For a band like DT, the best way they sell their albums, is by word of mouth or how good they are live.

....as for me not having a CD yet, I will real soon. I've only just heard a song from them less than 3 weeks ago. And downloaded 2 more since. They freakin rock!!!

It would be interesting to know the exact number of people that have seen them on tour in these individual gigs. I saw a mathematical model once that established a relation between crowd amount and album sales... If only we had a statistician on this forum.

For sure, it will make a difference. It's a perfect occasion to get a good visibility by playing before In Flames. I'm sure there's more people on the board here from the US since they're touring the country.

Originally posted by Fury
For sure, it will make a difference. It's a perfect occasion to get a good visibility by playing before In Flames. I'm sure there's more people on the board here from the US since they're touring the country.

In fact, I've started to notice that.

I saw In Flames about 4 years ago in a small dive bar here in Ohio. They were touring with Moonspell and Kovenant. Each time I have seen In Flames the crowds get bigger and bigger and I hope the same happens with DT. It was smart to do the first tour with In Flames since if you are an IF fan you have no choice but to love DT. I wish them the best, they are certainly one of the finest acts out there.

Well, it certainly can't hurt. The unfortunate thing is, the club, during DT's set, was only half full. Personally, I find this a bit surprising. Unless you were only coming to see Sentenced, and don't care for Death Metal, why wouldn't you show up on time?

GZ

Cuz you were out in the parking lot getting hammered :)

Seriously, though, the tour should definately help DT out - the more shows you play the more people get to hear you. This will be the 6th time In Flames has toured the US. With that much gigging(?), you've got to pick up more fans. The problem DT has in the US is not many people have heard of them...every metalhead I've played DT for has shortly thereafter gotten into them...especially the ones who've heard Damage Done :).

Same here. No one metal heads I knew ever heard of DT or IF until I showed them, and made them all hardcore fans. Dark Tranquillity touring in the U.S. is a great thing (Although I couldnt see them b/c of work :( :( ). It gives the band mroe exposure and recognition.

Nick

Absolutely it helps... For every 10 people who never heard of them, and really dug the show, one or two of them might just go out and buy a CD... and if they do and like it, they'll probably get their friends into it...

That's just the way music works.... word of mouth thru playing shows is the best way a band becomes popular...

Any publicity is good publicity.