PETITION for In Flames/DT Nostalgia Tour

on the Anders note,
I believe his older vocals sound like a different person. On songs like December Flower, I think the vocals he puts out on that track are phenomemal, but his change in style, either intentionally or not, I think is a very bad move.

Every In Flames album of late has seen more and more of Anders whining cleans replacing his ever faltering growls. Now on the new album, there's even a backing track of his cleans backing every growl to thicken up the sound. Anders cannot sing, he doesn't even come close to Stanne on that front. Being a musician, and having seen them both live, I feel I can say that with some confidence.

Anders' growls have got progressiely worse, and I feel Stanne's have got progressively better. Whilst both initially had something of a black metal approach, Anders seems to have moved to an American Hardcore/Screamo sound, whilst Stanne has made his lyrics more understandable in his growl, and also conveys more emotion.

That's just my opinion, I don't want to get attacked for it as I am entitled to it, but the fact is, I have found every In Flames album since Clayman has got progressively worse, resulting in A Sense Of Purpose, which I didn't even manage to listen to the end of, they have followed a similar trend to Bodom really.

No Bodom is worse with this record. Yes Anders compelitely changed as a person, he's 35 now, on Jester race he was 22. And he sang in a black metal band called Greviance, but i only heard one song and it was pretty cool similar to Jester race. His wife left him in 2002. He loves power ballads. He said that you defenitely must follow the trends. Unfortunately things turn out this way. I would rather see them switch the direction from melodic death metal to death core and metalcore, in america that would still bring a hell a lot of money, and not this pussy metal. But still it is something new.