What are some differences between DT and IF?

tiamat_kiks_asz said:
hello, as you can tell from my name, i came here to flipoff the band, cause they suck big time, this forum looks like the fucking CNN homepage, by the way congatulatios, you have one of the many mediocre, second hand scandinavian band, you must be so proud, and i mean like wow, you get to cpoy every note in flames does, congratulations that's a big step forward for you...NOT
geez ppl, get some fucking music lessons, start playing the acordeon or something, what you're doing right now is sonic polution :yell:
i dunno, maybe you should stop "palying music" and start pole smoking....you bunch of fucking faggots..
OMGWTFBBQ!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice to see the ironic generation is still alive and "kiking asz" ;)
...because you were being ironic, weren't you? Oh of course you were, with a name like that! Shame on me for doubting you. Shame indeed. :D

In Flames have some things in common with DT, but they have gone separate ways in this decade.

Guitar work-Dark tranquillity's is much more dissonent than IF. IN flames used to do alot of folky stuff that fit well with their melodies/harmonies. Overall, DT's guitarwork is more edgy and progressive

Tunings are also different. IF used to use C tuning, but now they use Drop A# and it sounds like fucking shit!

Dt tunes to C# other than on "the endless feed" which is Drop B

Anders Friden's voice has gotten screachy/high pitched in the last 5 years or so whereas Stanne's voice has gotten deeper/raspier now (which is fucking great!)

Anders drumming is far superior to Daniel of IF if you ask me

tiamat_kiks_asz said:
hello, as you can tell from my name, i came here to flipoff the band, cause they suck big time, this forum looks like the fucking CNN homepage, by the way congatulatios, you have one of the many mediocre, second hand scandinavian band, you must be so proud, and i mean like wow, you get to cpoy every note in flames does, congratulations that's a big step forward for you...NOT
geez ppl, get some fucking music lessons, start playing the acordeon or something, what you're doing right now is sonic polution :yell:
i dunno, maybe you should stop "palying music" and start pole smoking....you bunch of fucking faggots..

assuming NL is right... :lol: Nice one... Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but you do it so well. ;)

If NL isn't right... :lol: I hope you wee your bed tonight you fucking tosspot loser cunt.

the difference between the 2 bands concern just their current style.. at the beginning both IF and DT were on the same road, the "At The Gates Avenue".. :D but nowadays, while DT has kept pretty tied to its origins, IF has stepped into this king of melodic-modern metal, which is nothing in comparison to previous albums such as TJR and W... that' s pity.. let's hope the new album gets them back to where they started from... anyway, DT and old-style IF for LIFE :)

ps. i also loved IF more than DT... but the from 2002 (RTR) to today IF has proved a band that ends up following commercial standards (for exmaple, see the Touch OF Red video... simply DISGUSTING)... so i started listening more and more to DT (btw, i always listened to them, but not as much as IF in a first time), and then ended up loving them, just as much as old-style in flames... and then came the idea to build the italian fan site which incredibly nobody had already planned to do... :Smug:

Nt3N said:
t

ps. i also loved IF more than DT... but the from 2002 (RTR) to today IF has proved a band that ends up following commercial standards (for exmaple, see the Touch OF Red video... simply DISGUSTING)... so i started listening more and more to DT (btw, i always listened to them, but not as much as IF in a first time), and then ended up loving them, just as much as old-style in flames... and then came the idea to build the italian fan site which incredibly nobody had already planned to do... :Smug:

well now you´re confessed to the masters...
for me was about the same, is icovered IF in 97 and then found out DT but with the time I checked that Dt were are and will be the best fuckin melodic deathmetalband on this whole planet... :worship:

For me, DT is just much darker and more melancholic. In Flames is more straight up with the rhythm and is a bit more catchy.

I think lyrically, they are both very well thought out. I get quite a bit out of each of the bands in that sense.

But DT is definitely more technical at this point. Character has some blistering alternate picking going on, it's really impressive.

Tebus said:
But DT is definitely more technical at this point. Character has some blistering alternate picking going on, it's really impressive.

I noticed that. It shows on some other albums aswell (but not so much as on character). They are dangerously articulate metal guitarists. It's like they can outside pick with the same ease they can inside pick and at tremelo style speeds... almost machine like. Something I've always struggled with, and when learning DT riffs I find myself pulling off and economy picking alot more than I should be. In flames dont even come close to this complexity.

King Chaos said:
I noticed that. It shows on some other albums aswell (but not so much as on character). They are dangerously articulate metal guitarists. It's like they can outside pick with the same ease they can inside pick and at tremelo style speeds... almost machine like. Something I've always struggled with, and when learning DT riffs I find myself pulling off and economy picking alot more than I should be. In flames dont even come close to this complexity.
I actually struggle with the same thing. I'm getting it down a little better, like on format C for example, but i can't do it nearly as clean. When you wattch them play live too, it just seems so effortless. I guess it's just a matter of constant practicing.

Tebus said:
I actually struggle with the same thing. I'm getting it down a little better, like on format C for example, but i can't do it nearly as clean. When you wattch them play live too, it just seems so effortless. I guess it's just a matter of constant practicing.
yeah exactly. Scythe rage and roses is one which I can pick alternately if I start on an upstroke :p. I wonder if sundin and Henrikson even care if they start up or down. Damn it... I bet they just don't think about it, and saying this will make them think about it (like I do) and the over concentration will destroy all skills they once had.

Anders Bjorler of ATG and the haunted has displayed the exact same skills through out his entire career. Maybe it's a swedish thing :p.

King Chaos said:
yeah exactly. Scythe rage and roses is one which I can pick alternately if I start on an upstroke :p. I wonder if sundin and Henrikson even care if they start up or down. Damn it... I bet they just don't think about it, and saying this will make them think about it (like I do) and the over concentration will destroy all skills they once had.

Anders Bjorler of ATG and the haunted has displayed the exact same skills through out his entire career. Maybe it's a swedish thing :p.
Haha, I know exactly what you mean by starting on the upstroke. But yeah it seems that it doesn't make a difference what they do... amazing.

And I agree about ATG.

tiamat_kiks_asz said:
SCANDINAVIAN METAL TOTALLY KICKS ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!