in flames and RtR influence

boshuda

New Metal Member
Jul 22, 2002
Visit site
I noticed on the new DT site that many of the band members have been listening to In Flames' RtR.

Now, I listened to it a few times and decided the new direction is.. well.. less than appealing.

Do any of you think there is a chance, since obviously DT seem to like it, that they will ever incorporate that style into their own?

Damage Done is an amazing album with great riffs, melody and tempo changes that meld smoothly. Reroute to Remain is awkward at best, even if you are a fan of the new slipknot influences. I'm not a fan of the clean choruses but Soilwork for example pulled it off in NBC.

So the question is, do you think DT will ever use that style as well or remain a true bastion of quality metal?

DT will do as DT see fit, personally I don't think they let any band influence them too much, but we will see, speculating this is not really smart.

Well I'd say DT and IF have a certain connection. And while it has been a while since their albums sounded somewhat similar still, to say that a band isn't influenced by any other band is rediculous.

hopefully they learn the right lessons from IF's album, and continue is the direction they are going. Because these is fucking good :)

Originally posted by boshuda
Well I'd say DT and IF have a certain connection. And while it has been a while since their albums sounded somewhat similar still, to say that a band isn't influenced by any other band is rediculous.

hopefully they learn the right lessons from IF's album, and continue is the direction they are going. Because these is fucking good :)

The fact that they have sounded similar can be due to anything and they might not have gotten their influence from each other, I would actually say it is highly unlikely, there are quite a few bands, they may or may not, get their influence from and most likely both bands listen to similar music.

Yes, they have a connection, but I don't think makes any difference, cos then we could say quite a few bands influence each other.
I don't know where you are from, but Sweden is not a huge country, I bet almost all the bands would have connections.

dt's musical direction is very different from that of in flames nowadays. i don't think they're gonna be influenced by rtr more than they will be influenced by the new soilwork. it's all there and all bandmembers have heard it (in advance, i know for a fact :p ), but it's not considered a prominent influence for dark tranquillity's future, no. :)

rahvin.

I also agree, I think DT are independent musicians and obviously there gonna do what they see fit and not let any one band influence there music to anything past a minor extent.

I noticed on the new DT site that many of the band members have been listening to In Flames' RtR.

Now, I listened to it a few times and decided the new direction is.. well.. less than appealing.

Do any of you think there is a chance, since obviously DT seem to like it, that they will ever incorporate that style into their own?

Damage Done is an amazing album with great riffs, melody and tempo changes that meld smoothly. Reroute to Remain is awkward at best, even if you are a fan of the new slipknot influences. I'm not a fan of the clean choruses but Soilwork for example pulled it off in NBC.

So the question is, do you think DT will ever use that style as well or remain a true bastion of quality metal?

I see R2R a bit of an experiment In Flames did just like DT did with Projector

Every album of DT's is some what different then the other ...

And IMO not one of their albums sounded like In Flames.

I thought I made it clear I didn't think DT would go "R2R is good, let's make that!"

Can just hope they don't find gay chorus lines something they would like to do :)

Can just hope they don't find gay chorus lines something they would like to do :)

apart from my instictive dislike for the offensive use of the word gay, i feel like commenting that dt would hardly lower their lyrics-writing standards as a result of some other band not being up to par.

rahvin.

you say that you have been listening to in flames new album reroute to remain! how can that be? it has not been released yet! if you downloaded it, please tell me where i can find it!

thx, CHriss

Trust me you don't want it. Anyone who likes IF because they like metal and not simply because this is one of the bands they decided to like and will praise anything they do will ignore this album and keep their fingers crossed that they do infact pull a DT and change their style again.

maybe you don't like r2r, but maybe others like it! so please post the download link that everyone can decide if he likes the album or not!

Originally posted by DoAsISayNotAsIDo
%90 of in flames board liked RTR so DT fans' thought are not important...
hey! maybe you can tell me were i can download r2r! i'd really like to build my own opinion about the new if album!

thx, chriss