Dark Tranquillity owns In Flames now

WithinTheOdyssey

New Metal Member
Dec 7, 2003
I dunno..just wanted to say that. I feel Damage Done blows away R2R, and most likely the new DT album will obliterate STYE. Maybe Jesper should learn a few things from Niklas who actually knows till this day, how to write good music (not saying Jesper isnt a good song writer, just look at his work in DZ) DT RULES!! and please, In Flames fans who are going to come out with the comment "In Flames is still good, they are just trying something new and seeing how far they can take it, they still have their old sound" just shut up now, cause your basically just going to sound like a POST-LOAD Metallica fan. Like I said...DT RULES

I applaud In Flames for venturing out of this Swedish Melodic Death Metal (tm) typecast.

fireangel said:
I just found it not such a challenge to go to DT-forum and say: DT (as example 1) is better than In Flames (example 2, possible for almost every band to be an example). I think he/she could get over to In Flames-forum and post this, including the "everybody who thinks different shut up"-part, that´ll be big fun :D
actually, people going over to the in flames forum and posting stuff like that is the reason why in flames shut down their official board here on um.
i'm pleased to announce that no amount of criticism - more or less constructive - towards dark tranquillity will ever make the band decide to either censor or close this place.

I liked everything In Flames did right up through Clayman. They were awesome live. The reroute came out and I thought it was 1991 and Metallica$h all over again. I still enjoy listening to Clayman and Whoracle, but I just prefer Dark Tranquillity.

hey ladies and gents im new on the DT forum. i would say that in flames had some amazing songs all the way up to and including clayman. but R2R and STYE are fucking trash. "Damage Done" is probably one of the best overall albums i have ever herd. and fireangel i understand what you are saying but i have a little saying:
"Any dickhead can have an opinion, but it takes a person with a brain to have a good one"

WithinTheOdyssey said:
Maybe Jesper should learn a few things from Niklas who actually knows till this day, how to write good music
isn´t he mentioned as songwriter in something like two or three songs on DD and none on haven? :err:
nothing negative about niklas at all but let´s be fair to the rest of the band...

Just because In Flames and Dark Tranquillity are from the same country and town or whatever and came into being around the same time in the same genre people always compare them etc...I'm suprised the topic starter didn't mention Soilwork as well. Anyhow, "I" think that these bands make excellent music, I don't really care if it's death metal or whatever, once I like it or the direction they have chosen, I support them and the music all the way. I wouldn't go out the way to say which band is better than which though, cause today both of their sounds are far apart. I really like R2R and STYE alot but I also like their older music alot as well...anyhow my point is, once it sounds good and I like it or can relate to it, I'm happy!