Dark Tranquillity trivia

Ormir

Oct 11, 2001
Espoo, Finland
Do you have obscure DT knowledge that you don't think most people on this forum will know? Post it here! Here's a bunch of trivia that I can recall to get this started:

-It's well known that Mikael Stanne performed the vocals for the first In Flames ep, Lunar Strain. What's less known is that Anders Jivarp was behind the drumset on In Flames' second release, Subterranean.

-Mikael and Niklas were founding members of the power metal band Hammerfall, performing vocals and guitars respectively. They had to leave the band so they could concentrate on DT, but they wrote some of the songs on the first Hammerfall album.

-Half of the band work odd jobs here and there. Martin, Mikael and Martin work with handicapped people and kids usually. Daycare centers and stuff like that. Mikael is studying computer science. Michael is a chef at a restaurant, and Anders works at a big convenience store. Niklas makes his living off of his artwork.

-The original name of DT was Septic Boiler (!)

EDIT: mistake fixed phyre

There is only one Mikael in the band, that being Mikael Stanne. I mean who I say. Micheal Nicklasson is the bass player.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES "BROILER" MEAN?

In East German slang it is half a fried chicken...

Half a fried chicken with pus dripping from it - Now that's really some weird shit...!!!!!!

broiler 1. a young small chicken bred to be cooked by broiling (=grilling)
2.informal a very hot day yesterday was a real broiler! (<-----it sounds terrible :bah: )
3.AmE for GRILL

me prefers DT to Septic broiler:D

Actually it was Bjorn Gelotte at the drums in Subterranean since he played 3 of the 5 songs in the album. Anders played the other two (Subterranean (3) and Biosphere(5))

Another thing some people won't know is that Anders played the keyboards on a Moonclad Reflection...

And that by that time Jivarp, Sundin and Friden lived in the same street (Valebergsvagen) in Billdal...

I finally I would add that Korean releases (yes, the ones no one know where they come from, but that are Korean and not Japanesse) were released by Dream On Records and so far they released just the versions of The Gallery and The Mind's I...

fathervic (willing for The Encyclopedist himself to enlighten this thread)

Freebroiler
The Chicken at your Feet
Feast of Broiler
Day to Eat (chicken)
Punish my Broiler
Fork, Knives and Chicken
Not Built to Last (you can only eat once)
Mine is the Broiler...
:p

A question: which songs on the first HF album were written (music or lyricwise) by Niklas or Mikael?

Alfred (oh, gods... powermetal :rolleyes: )

Originally posted by Ormir
-It's well known that Mikael Stanne performed the vocals for the first In Flames ep, Lunar Strain. What's less known is that Anders Jivarp was behind the drumset on In Flames' second release, Subterranean.
But actually only on track 3 and 5 on that EP, Daniel Erlandsson plays the drums on "Stand Ablaze" (1) and "Ever Dying" (2), the 4th track ("Timeless") is acoustic and has no drums...

Originally posted by FatherVic
Actually it was Bjorn Gelotte at the drums in Subterranean since he played 3 of the 5 songs in the album. Anders played the other two (Subterranean (3) and Biosphere(5))
It was not Björn Gelotte, it was Daniel Erlandsson on the first 2 songs..., track 3 and 5 feature Jivarp indeed, but track 4 is an acoustic and has no drums... (*echo* from my previous post... ;))

Nothing new to me here. Absolutely nothing.

But then again, I wouldn't be Doctor Tranquillity if there was. :cool:

-Villain (who does not care enough for Hammerfall to find the songs Niklas and Mikael wrote for it)

Originally posted by Ormir
Do you have obscure DT knowledge that you don't think most people on this forum will know? Post it here! Here's a bunch of trivia that I can recall to get this started:

-Mikael and Niklas were founding members of the power metal band Hammerfall, performing vocals and guitars respectively. They had to leave the band so they could concentrate on DT, but they wrote some of the songs on the first Hammerfall album.

-Half of the band work odd jobs here and there. Martin, Mikael and Martin work with handicapped people and kids usually. Daycare centers and stuff like that. Mikael is studying computer science. Michael is a chef at a restaurant, and Anders works at a big convenience store. Niklas makes his living off of his artwork.

-The original name of DT was Septic Boiler (!)

EDIT: mistake fixed phyre

Lunar strain is an album, not an EP.

Originally posted by FatherVic
And that by that time Jivarp, Sundin and Friden lived in the same street (Valebergsvagen) in Billdal...
Anybody knows where they live now? [j/k] :loco:

Siren (stalker wanna-be :p)

@Ormir: Not to forget

Indifferent chickens, Chicken Drama andDissolution Factor Black (Fried for too long);

I dare not think about what "Still moving sinews" means in this context *wuaaaaa, no imagery please, no imagery, no * *slappingmyhead*

Chicken drama :lol: :lol: :lol:

More: Chicken heart 243.5 (days old)
The chicken from which i fed

well, there's nothing I know about DT I can be proud of, but there is a thousand things I would like to know. Like: where all guys live (Siren already asked), if they have families, how their voices sound (except for Mikael's :p ), how do they behave in real life, and other non-significant things. In short, everything we want to know about the gods :)

So... Mikael Stanne studies Computer Science, likes Lord of The Rings, plays computer and video games... does that make him a geek? :)

@Soulscar & Siren: Allright! Fortify the broiler ranks!
Here are some _very_ farfetched ones:

Chicken Fever (don't eat chinese chicken!)
Away, Delight, Away (I'm on a diet)
Tongues (can't stop licking my broiler)
Crimson Chicken (It's a bit undercooked)
Broiler '94 (Mikael makes better broiler)
The Same (tastes like chicken)
At Loss for Chicken (better go to the shop)