• In Flames

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Luciferion

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Ormir

Oct 11, 2001
Espoo, Finland
Over the years various members of Dark Tranquillity have taken part in a surprisingly small amount of side-projects, but this topic "deserves" a poll nonetheless. Only bands that current members of DT play in are included (Ceremonial Oath excluded since they haven't recorded anything since Anders Jivarp joined). Pick the least evil!

Hammerfall - Mikael (voice) and Niklas (guitars) joined the band in 1994. Niklas soon left Hammerfall to concentrate on DT, but Mikael stayed behind as vocalist. In 1996 Hammerfall made it into the the semi-finals of "Rockslaget". Amidst the celebration, it was discovered that vocalist Mikael was going to be unavailable at the time of the semi-finals. Hence, they found a new singer for the band (who was later kicked out and replaced by Joacim). There are rumours that a legendary video of the rehearsals exists, allegedly confirmed (and owned) by Mikael Stanne, but stayed engimatic when asked on a public chat on Walls of Fire.

In Flames - Not much needs to be said on this, aside from Mikael Stanne (voice) being a studio member of the band for Lunar Strain. Anders Jivarp (drums) also delivered in the studio for Subterranean, alongside Daniel Erlandsson.

Luciferion - Although not a side-project as such, with Michael Niklasson (bass, backing vocals) recording with the band before he left them to join DT. Luciferion play fast Deicide/Morbid Angel inspired death metal. Definatly worth a listen. Here's the only review I could find: http://www.metal-observer.com/gb/reviews/rev1504.html

i never knew mikael did vocals in hammerfall....considering theyre power metal, did he do clean singing for them? or did he growl? Either way I would like to hear hehe.

Originally posted by Final_Vision
i never knew mikael did vocals in hammerfall....considering theyre power metal, did he do clean singing for them? or did he growl? Either way I would like to hear hehe.
He did clean singing... I'm imagining more in the style of the strong, deep "hollering" voice featured on Punish my Heaven (suits the impact of Hammerfall's sound), opposed to the soft Projector style. I think the possibility of Mikael doing high power metal registry is pretty much out of the question :p Some of the songs on "Glory to the Brave" were played with Mikael originally, so I guess you could try and imagine him on them...

I vote Luciferion btw.

What about Martin Brändström playing keyboard for Tiamat on their tour a year ago? Wouldn't that be also consider a "DT-side project"?

Originally posted by Arch
What about Martin Brändström playing keyboard for Tiamat on their tour a year ago? Wouldn't that be also consider a "DT-side project"?
He was there only as a "professional musician". Since he was never part of the band to any extent, and never appeared on any recorded album, I wouldn't consider it a project (same goes for Necrosphere, although Mikael did make it on the album).

Originally posted by seventi
I think my mousepointer lives it's own life, just voted wrong:cry:
It's Satans message! Get the Luciferion album now!

Originally posted by Wanderingblade
Did Micheal play in Lost Horizion?

And Niklas also did lyrics for IF, quite important if you ask me...
Lost Horizon was formed by the guitarist of Luciferion after Michael left, so no.

Lyrics? bah :p

well for me it's crystal clear. May be I don't really like the direction In Flames has taken, but at least I still enjoy a big bunch of their old cd's, so I go for them...

oh! btw: yesterday I happened to know that there's some Vanilla Coke outthere....and here we don't have it :cry: ...they even stopped making the CherryCoke because it was quite crappy...
and I would also like to see this Blue Pepsi....hehehe it was to be weird....

fathervic (coke-o-matic)

Blue pepsi??????????????
:err: i have at least to see this if not try!!
does it have sth to do with a pepsi that has lemon taste inside?

once again what is this world heading to? :cry:
:p

I w a n t v a n i l l a c o k e

nonononono it's not pepsitwist....
as I've been told...it tastes nearly the same pepsi but a bit more chewing gum taste, and it's bright bright blue...and well they made transparent pepsi aswell...so....

I w a n t v a n i l l a c o k e t o o ! ! !

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
sm_vanilla_coke.jpg

and there's also....

sm_diet_vanilla_coke.jpg

sorry for the big pics, people!!!!

fathervic (aaaaarghhh!!!!!)