Mikael Stanne in Hammerfall?

seventi

Viva Lonliness!
Mar 8, 2002
The Third Place
Visit site
Ok, so I'm sitting at my table having breakfast just a couple of minutes ago and when I read in my local newspaper a little about Hammerfall and their line up. There it is written that Mikael Stanne and Niklas Sundin were members of Hammerfall in 1993. Is this correct? I don't recall such line up and I thought that 93 was the era when Stanne was in In Flames and later went on to DT.

Ehm, you're pretty confused there, aren't you. But don't you worry - the Doc is here to help you. :)

First of all, Mikael Stanne has always been a member of Dark Tranquillity - ever since the band was called Septic Broiler and played at Mikael's parents garage. Second, he has done a couple of guest-appearances in some other bands, namely In Flames and yes - Hammerfall. He was their first singer as far as I know.

Niklas' appearance on the early Hammerfall-lineup is a similar case - his main band has still always been DT.

-Villain

Ok, so you like to call them guest apperances. I like them to call them "serious state of confusion":D

Seriously, the newspaper wrote that Stanne was a member, which I knew he wasn't and was just wondering. I also knew that he appeared on Subterranean, but thought that he maybe was a member in these days. Was Sundin also "guest appearing" in Hammerfall?

Thanx for the info anyway.

Well, perhaps I used the term "guest appearance" a bit loosely. Anyway, even if they really were included in the official line-ups of those two bands (IF and HF), their number 1 band was still always DT.

Oh, and Mikael wasn't on Subterranean - the vocals on it were done by some guy called (if I recall correctly) Henke Forss.

-Villain

I mentioned this thread to someone who said that Stanne *may* have played guitar with Hammerfall (I'd assumed he'd done vocals) -- which was the case?

Mikael Stanne and Niklas Sundin were founding members of the band, doing vocals and lead guitar respectively. They contributed to the song writing also, but decided to concentrate on DT.

yeah. mikael should have one of the videos put on dark tranquillity or hammerfalls web page. alot of people would like to see them. if i remember besides mikael, niklas, and oscar. jesper was the drummer. im not sure who played bass though at that early stage of hammerfall.