I found the new In Flames...It's HEAVY.

Larf03 said:
You're both right!
:)

But Helloween's most recent albums are even netter than the kiske era in my opinion!
Yeah we are! So are you! I never said Heathen was wrong and I am bummed
talking about Heathen without Pyrus jumping in to tell me Keeper of the
Seven Keys part 2 sucked. Sigh.

Well, I finally got to hear this cd. It's pretty good..heavier than R2R and not quite as catchy...BUT...I'm not crazy about the production. The famous In Flames guitar melodies are buried. I can barely hear it! That completely SUCKS for me because that is one of the things I love about that band...damnit! It's not a bad album by any means...

I JUST WISH I COULD HEAR THE GUITARS!!!!!

MindInsane said:
Well, I finally got to hear this cd. It's pretty good..heavier than R2R and not quite as catchy...BUT...I'm not crazy about the production. The famous In Flames guitar melodies are buried. I can barely hear it! That completely SUCKS for me because that is one of the things I love about that band...damnit! It's not a bad album by any means...

How bizarre? I can hear the guitars on my copy just fine!....Did you download
it? ....maybe the bit rate is sucky?
Were there any songs in particular that you liked? You are right...it is less catchy and there's no songs like "Metaphor"or "Dawn of A New Day" unless you count the beginning of "Evil in a Closet" otherwise the hooks and melodies are shorter
and intercut between heaviness.

Larf03 said:
There are only a handful of good power metal acts...

Blind Guardian
Helloween
Gamma ray...

That's all!
well there is:
Accept
Vanize(Udo's Brothers band that sounds just like Accept)
Warrant(from Germany)

I like those bands alot!

Helloween........I liked the early albums.......but they lost it:confused:

MindInsane said:
Well, I finally got to hear this cd. It's pretty good..heavier than R2R and not quite as catchy...BUT...I'm not crazy about the production. The famous In Flames guitar melodies are buried. I can barely hear it! ........

I agree......R2R is more catchy.......it is heavier than R2R.......And The Production buries the melodic second guitar, the crunchy rythum over powers it, in some songs more than others.......And sometimes you can be right and a:loco: smart BH!:D

Deadly Embrace said:
well there is:
Accept
Vanize(Udo's Brothers band that sounds just like Accept)
Warrant(from Germany)

I like those bands alot!

Helloween........I liked the early albums.......but they lost it:confused:

Oh... I didn't put warrant and accept under the power metal subgenre... But I guess you are right! Those bands are great!!!

A thrasher like you doesn't like the later helloween??? That's a bit strange... go put Revelations or Push and you'll feel the sudden urge to do a pit!

I just remembered something I forgot to post: some ppl said the drums sounded "flat" or "dead" on StyE... well it's because they are. It's a "style" of drumming, almost. You 'tune' (not sure this is the right word) your drums so they sound different, in this case all the way until it has that flat sound (only example I can think of offhand: Slipknot... their drummer has the most dead drums I've ever heard). Some ppl think it makes the toms sound better, and I guess some ppl think it makes every drum sound better... but I like a "warmer", more full, drum sound. It's kinda trendy right now to have dead drums (esp. toms), mostly among nu-metal and nu-death metal bands who think they're tough.

I don't think I had any problems with the production, although I have a crystal clear setup.

MindInsane said:

I do agree about the second guitar, but I guess I'm just hopefull that when I get a "real" copy , that it will be a better mix since this one is a burn of a promo copy :erk:

I still like it better than R2R , not saying that R2R was bad though.

IN FLAMES: New Album Preview Posted Online - Mar. 17, 2004

Three tracks from the forthcoming IN FLAMES album, "Soundtrack to Your Escape", have been posted online in streaming format at the German Metal Hammer web site. Listen to the songs "The Quiet Place", "Touch Of Red" and "Borders And Shading" at this location. Three more cuts from the CD will be uploaded to the site on Monday, March 22.

"Soundtrack To Your Escape" is scheduled for release in North America on April 6 through Nuclear Blast Records. The CD will arrive in Europe one week earlier (March 29).

As previously reported, IN FLAMES will be teaming up with KILLSWITCH ENGAGE for a co-headlining North American tour beginning on May 3 in the Midwest. The month-long run will tentatively wrap up on June 4 on the East Coast. Also appearing on the bill will be AS I LAY DYING.

Source:
blabbermouth.net

I finally heard the new In Flames this weekend, and I am thoroughly pleased. It smokes.

I also received my new Exodus and am thoroughly digging it. It freaking rips from start to finish.