In Flames Update

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
IN FLAMES To Begin Work On New Album In May
Sweden's IN FLAMES are set to travel to Denmark at the end of May to begin the pre-production process for their next studio album, tentatively due in early 2004. "As we did for 'Reroute To Remain', we will turn off our phones, put our personal lives on hold and disconnect our entire contact with the outside world so that we can focus 100% on making a great new album," the band said in a posting on their official web site. "Once again, it will be the five of us, our equipment and the cheapest possible beer we can find — tons of it!!!

"We will of course do some festivals this summer, but once again — you'll have to wait for the final info as of where we'll play.

"Some of you had some thoughts on what we can change with our music, and that's always appreciated, but as always, we will choose no other path than the one chosen by the 5 members of IN FLAMES!"

Hard to believe there is such a massive difference between Dimension Zero and In Flames -- Reroute to Remain can't hold a candle to Silent Night Fever.

I had better trust the critics' reviews on In Flames' next one, I didn't want to believe that R2R was really that off. If it follows the track their going, I might have to fold on their next effort.

maybe they will try a different direction than thatgod awful reroute to remain- i think they should update- or bring new influences into their sound- but reroute's new influences were not the answer

I've loved In Flames ever since I first heard them... but I heard Cloud Connected on the radio yesterday and it was frightenly nu-metallish. The song R2R is cool imo tho (those are the only two songs I've heard off their new cd).