In Flames New Album!!!

replicator

Made in Vinnland
Dec 3, 2001
Panama City
Visit site
Sweden's IN FLAMES are set to travel to Denmark at the end of May to begin the pre-production process for their next studio album, tentatively due in early 2004. "As we did for 'Reroute To Remain', we will turn off our phones, put our personal lives on hold and disconnect our entire contact with the outside world so that we can focus 100% on making a great new album," the band said in a posting on their official web site. "Once again, it will be the five of us, our equipment and the cheapest possible beer we can find — tons of it!!!

"We will of course do some festivals this summer, but once again — you'll have to wait for the final info as of where we'll play.

"Some of you had some thoughts on what we can change with our music, and that's always appreciated, but as always, we will choose no other path than the one chosen by the 5 members of IN FLAMES!"

WTF the band do this? Tehy need to comeback to studio Freedmand again!!!

i think they should take their time and wait a year or so.
fucking workaholics man.
i've liked all their albums, but RTR is the only one with songs that i would consider "filler material"

Originally posted by godmachine12
Same here. If Anders would stop trying to sing, or get a new singer, they have hope. If not, it will be shit just like 'Reroute to Remain'.

Agreed...but the main probelm I had with RTR was that iits lack of focus...going into the studio too early isn't the best option for a band still searching for a new direction...

Originally posted by replicator

"Some of you had some thoughts on what we can change with our music, and that's always appreciated, but as always, we will choose no other path than the one chosen by the 5 members of IN FLAMES!"

This does sound promising. Even though I liked RtR, I would prefer the solos back and some more melodic bits to return.

Heres hoping. :D

Excellent, this is what I like about the Swedes, it's always a new album every year or every other year. RtR has gotten me to listen to heavier Scandinavian stuff, and I have to agree that older In Flames was better, even though Reroute to Remain was really good.