"In Flames" opinions...

Steiner

Dyslexics Untie!
May 24, 2002
Rocklin, CA
www.google.com
What's your favorite In Flames album? Which album did you hear first?

My list reads like this...

Clayman 10
Colony 9
Jester Race/Black Ash Inheritance 9
Whoracle 8
Lunar Strain/Subterranean 7
Reroute To Remain 6

...first In Flames album I heard was "Colony"

Well, the first album I heard of In Flames was Clayman
I'll put what I think of them instead of giving them numbers hehe

Jester Race/Black Ash Inheritance (very awesome loved the whole album)
Reroute To Remain (very catchy, i love this, can't get it out of my CD player haha)
Clayman (first one I heard, i loved it and still do)
Colony (same sorta thing above.. my second album I heard)
Whoracle (Jotun rules! well so does the whole album)
Lunar Strain/Subterranean ( i like it alot, but i prefer Anders vocals)

I just love how In Flames are evolving, I know alot of people disagree with me, but i just do and that's my opinion, each album has it's own unique sound to it=)

/Sean:)

It's not an In Flames message board. I've started other threads. I'm just more curious to hear what other Testament fans think of In Flames than the people who post on the In Flames boards. Testament's still numero uno with me dude. There just ain't much new Testament news to talk about. When the new album is released I'll make sure I post another survey on Testament albums.

I heard Colony first, if I had to rank them in my own order:

Colony 10 (Melotic Greatness)
Jester Race 9 (Classic Progression)
Whoracle 9 (Finding their sound)
Reroute To Remain 8 (The New direction)
Clayman 8 (Evolving)
Lunar/Sub. 6 (Early footsteps)

Saw them live the first time in Italy at The Godz Of Metal Y2K,
& yes I think it's good to talk about other metal bands & metal related news that affects us TESTAMENT LEGION fans, nothings wrong with sharing opinions & suggestions on metal music.
Everything can not be just TESTAMENT, thats so one dimensional.
I want to hear what other TESTAMENT fans listen to & say about new releases, I take their opinions highly. Thats how I've got turned onto some of my favorite bands out their. TESTAMENT & IN FLAMES are two of my favorites, different in their own way, but quality metal.

SLAYER sure thinks their metal enough to take out on tour, just like they took TESTAMENT on tour before. "1/2 pop group", I'm insulted that your insulted, I listen to what I want, & I am intitled to my opinions, & by the way IN FLAMES & TESTAMENT have played on the same bill & it was'nt at a pop show. Thats why it's called The Godz Of Metal Festival. How about some truth to your poor comments.
By the way Eric loves IN FLAMES & he's the one who turned me on to them. Eric is very much influenced by what he listens to.
In fact I've heard 2 rough songs Eric played for me, & it was melodic but heavy, & reminded me of IN FLAMES. I really liked them & totally like the direction...............................................
I'm sure the new album will have a combination of everything, that everyone will like..............................................................

testament rules and in flames either so fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!
my fav in flames albums:
jester race 10
colony 9
clayman8.5
reroute 8
whoracle 7.5 kind of boring
lunar starin subterrenean 7 metal up your ass
black ashh inheritance ep 7
tokyo showdown 5 boring stuff
goteborg bootleg 9.9 killer stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ahte in flames

Subterranean 10
Jester race 8
Whoracle 7
Colony 2
Clayman 1
Reoroute to Remain -13:mad:

they suck almost as hard as Soilwork (straps on flame proof suit)

i've been into testament since 1989 but when i got into In Flames for the first time last year i was blown away. i love pretty much everything that they have done. the earliest stuff was kinda rough, but still cool.

Clayman was the first stuff i really listened to and i've never been the same since. i think they are a f'n awsome band and i wish that there was more high quality melodic metal bands out there that kicked as much ass.

i just wish that testament would come out with some new stuff....

Deadly Embrace SLAYER sure thinks their metal enough to take out on tour, just like they took TESTAMENT on tour before. "1/2 pop group", I'm insulted that your insulted, I listen to what I want, & I am intitled to my opinions, & by the way IN FLAMES & TESTAMENT have played on the same bill & it was'nt at a pop show. Thats why it's called The Godz Of Metal Festival. How about some truth to your poor comments.

first off... sence when is slayer the formost identity of who is metal and who isnt... i recall slayers lattest release feturing some nu metal style riffs... so i dont put much faith in there oppinons now days... and sure testament played in them in the past... when inflames was playing actual metal... or least mostly metal...
and secondly i never expected anyone to stop listing to them due to the fact that there not metal... i simply stated that there not as they no longer are...

hey everyone listen to whatever the hell you like, i listen to more then just metal myself, only a fool sticks to one form of music... though id say 99% of what i often listen to is metal i ocantonaly hear something ill enjoy outside the relm of metal.. and have an appreaciaction for classical music...

my only point is that this is a testament board... and i find it irriting having more then 3 threds on inflames... the guy who started this thread had one like it just before... do we really need to know what everyone thinks of inflames every five secconds... is the inflames board not enough, its a way more popular board then this one... should we talk about inflames in every board?
i mean have some respect for testament there coming out with a new album show a little intrest for christs sake.

ok... we dont have to start a flamming war over inflames... thats why i dont think there should be inflames threds here... there just gonna start fights and this IS a testament board.

kapeshe?

In Flames are my favorite band and I have seven of their albums.
1)Whoracle
2)Jester Race/BAI
3)Clayman
4)Colony
5)Reroute to Remain
6)Lunar Strain/Subterranean( I like the music but I dont like the production and vocals.)
Not Ranked-Tokyo Showdown.

I love In Flames!! The first CD I heard of theirs was Whoracle, then Colony, Jester Race, Clayman...and I have to say I love them all!! Finally a band that goes back to the melodic metal roots that we all know and love!!!

I could give 2 shits if the guys in Testament , Slayer or any other band for that matter like them. Hell, I dont even care if Tom Angelripper HIMSELF thinks they or any other band *I* think sucks rules. I have my own opinions and tastes.
Besides, the guys in Slayer happen to like a LOT of sucky bands and aside from Testament and Overkill have always brought suck ass NON thrash metal bands on tour with them.
Anyway this post asked for opinions on in flames and mine is that in flames are WAY overrated. I dont like them at all. Saw them 2x and thought they sucked.

Damn dude....chill out....that whole "death to false metal" thing you've got going is a little dramatic don't you think?? Are you one of those closed minded people who think all post "80s metal sucks? I used to be that way....glad I opened my eyes..there's some truly amazing metal out right now, you just have to look.

I Agree with MindInsane, he's knows whats up, open your eyes, theres good metal out their........................................And it looks like their are only a couple of IN FLAMES haters.....................So you guys are out voted................And way wrong............read the posts & opinions again.................IN FLAMES rules.........and the numbers prove it (more TESTAMENT fans really like IN FLAMES)................Swedish Metal is killer..................
And they should know, this is their board.....................Ya SLAYER never takes out any good metal bands, where have you been,
thats false...............false statements, make you look stupid, & uninformed............................but I knew that.......................already..............