Why is it that everyone hates In Flames so much?

Thraxz

Melody be Thy Name
Aug 27, 2004
Las Vegas
I understand why people can hate their last two albums because they are so nu-influenced. I'm not disputing that those two are horrible albums by metal standards. What I AM questioning is why all of a sudden ALL of In Flames music "sucks". Subterrainian/Lunar Strain, Jester Race/Black Ash Inheritance, Whoracle, Colony and questionably Clayman are all goiod albums, especially, JR/BAI, Colony and Whoracle.

I don't hate older In Flames, though they are one hell of an overrated band, even their old music, there are simply too many better melo-death bands out there that put them to shame and I think people are finally realising it. Some people actually just don't like them, but the people who used to like them but now even hate their older albums because of the crap they've turned into are pretty idiotic.

I don't like their new stuff at all but I still like the Jester Race a lot. I think it kicks the shit out of Slaughter of the Soul or anything Dark Tranquility has put out.

LS, TJR, and Colony are all very good. Clayman and Whoracle were mediocre. Reroute to Remain is better than Clayman in my book. STYE is a huge piece of trash. I think they do get a bad rap, but it's not completely undeserved. It's like with Metallica, where people are less likely to profess being huge fans in fear of being lumped in with the fans of the newer stuff.

I agree. I think they've just soiled their reputation to the point where it's hard to claim being a fan of them. Then you just move on to other bands. I've sort of noticed certain trends at UM where it's not cool to like certain bands and if you admit to being a fan of those bands you get flamed mercilessly. The herd mentality here really is a shame. Of course, that doesn't apply to everyone at UM, just the douchebags.

welkin97 is gay, Minds I, The Gallery, Damage Done and most the ATG stuff I've heard absolutely blow out In Flames' asses

Mr.Toby said:
welkin97 is gay, Minds I, The Gallery, Damage Done and most the ATG stuff I've heard absolutely blow out In Flames' asses

:tickled: Fuck you. Dark Tranquility write some of the most generic melodies I've ever heard. There's more inspiration and musical invention on a single Jester Race track than in any DT album.

'Sif, you OBVIOUSLY have never really heard any...

I've heard plenty, dumbfuck. Their melodies are fucking GENERIC. Anyway, I'm done cuz I don't think I need to justify my points to someone who listens to Death and Pantera.

I don't particularly mind In Flames, their music has some ephemeral entertainment value (in other words, it's pop), but basically stefan86 is right.

yeah I agree that it has entertainment value when it comes to being "easy-listening" metal. Personally I prefer a more challenging listen, and generally more progressive music. Obviously people who dont want challenging music will think a band like IF is the best metal band around.

pukeface.gif
The minds I is pretty bad. Dark Tranquillity didnt totally suck when they released Of Chaos and Eternal Night and The Gallery but it started to go down hill from the mcd Enter Suicidal Angels. The gallery was a pretty bad ass album, still being a ATG clone and all.

Ive always been dissapointed with In Flames after Jester Race came out. I was hoping for a continuation of Subterranean, I love that album. They had a decent singer then too. But I had to adjust to post subterranean work, and Jester Race was good. Everything was good, albiet a little different each album until Clayman where Anders had no voice anymore and should have quit.

And you know In Flames sucks when..you hear "The Quiet Place" on Armed Forces radio in europe.......

I hate all In Flames.
I hate most Dark Tranquillity, but can tolerate their earliest stuff.
I love "The Red..." and the first half of "With Fear...", the rest of ATG's stuff ranges from tolerable to terrible.