Rate every In Flames album /10

Svářeč;10895078 said:
Am I the only one who thinks Colony has bad production? The sound is just... I dunno... The drums and guitars are too distinct and strong. Clayman is much better in terms of production.

I like Fredman's distinct and clear sound, but they have some weaker albums. Colony is one of them.

Still much better than what came with Reroute to Remain or A Sense of Purpose though.

I may be the only person who thinks Colony has a better sound than Clayman. I think the guitar tone is much more ballsy but very smooth sounding.

Svářeč;10895059 said:
To be honest, I'm convinced that these odd effects and production are there just because his screams and singing would sound too bad without it. On S2YE, they've done that without the effects and the result is worst IF vocal performance (along with ASoP). I have no idea what happened to Anders because his screams on Clayman and Come Clarity (just screams, clean vocals are terrible on this one) are fine.

His screams on STYE might be some of the most aggressive screams he's done. You might not like his cleans, or his "whiny" screams on Soundtrack (he uses a few different screams throughout), but I can't see how you could deny that they are really aggressive overall on that album. His screams on ASOP were bad because he only used one technique and it was a whiny scream.

Lunar Strain/Sub - 7/10
TJR/BAI - 8/10
Whoracle - 8/10
Colony - 8.5/10
Clayman - 10/10
R2R - 8/10
STYE - 7/10
CC - 10/10
ASOP - 7.5/10
SOAPF - 8/10
SC - 3/10

His screams on STYE might be some of the most aggressive screams he's done. You might not like his cleans, or his "whiny" screams on Soundtrack (he uses a few different screams throughout), but I can't see how you could deny that they are really aggressive overall on that album. His screams on ASOP were bad because he only used one technique and it was a whiny scream.

Come Clarity were his most "aggressive screams"

1. Colony
2. TJR
3. Clayman
4. Whoracle
5. CC
6. SOAPF
7. R2R
8. LS/S
9. ASOP
10. STYE

And I guess SC will rank somewhere below LS/Sub. First 3 songs were as terrible as ASOP&STYE stuff (or worse), but production was better.

Yep, ranks below LS/Sub... and below ASOP... and below STYE.

Siren Charms is a 1 or 2/10 for me. It isn't an In Flames album, it's something else which is unrecognisable in comparison to the rest of their discography. This isn't evolution, this is a total detachment from everything they've ever done before.

Lunar Strain 2/10 - Suck a dick. Very insightful, I know, but I can't help but laugh at every single one of you who praise this amateur album; one that even its' original creators know is shit. After TJR, the overly positive ratings on LS shows how biased towards older stuff some fans are. LS has the shittiest production, the most random elements, and everyone knows most of the songs were just half-assed because they lied that the album is already done, so they actually had to record something to show up. Sure, it was an amateur effort, so it's a bit harsh to call them out for these things, but you either rate it with everything considered, or not rate at all due to the circumstances.

Subterranean 8.5/10 - ... and fuck those who mash it up with LS, LOL. There is no such thing as LS/Sub. As for the record, the positive rating might be cheating here, because it's just an EP, so there are fewer songs, but hey, they are - mostly - amazing, so either rate this one properly as well, or start the whole process from TJR onwards.

The Jester Race 5/10 - Every song on this album is either dead shit or very very good. There must be a special award for this somewhere.

Whoracle 8/10 - Take TJR. With proper production. Without awful vocals. With almost every track being at least decent.

Colony 7/10 - Ok.

Clayman 7/10 - I hate the production on vox. How ironic that I dig the one on R2R!

Reroute To Remain 10/10 - Anders is riding on a butterfly, you mad???

Soundtrack To Your Escape 9/10 - If I had to pick an album to introduce IF to others, this would be the one for sure. It's a very very user-friendly record, but unlike SC, it's still pretty heavy. Not sure why the hate for this particular record.

Come Clarity 8.5/10 - The one record I don't understand at all. Hey, hey guys, we release Clayman, with lots of softer stuff compared to our older materials. Hey, here's R2R, look how mainstream we are becoming! Hey, here's STYE, look how radio-friendly we are becoming! Hey, here's CC TO MELT YOUR FUCKING CUNT FACE OFF. Only Lunar Strain rivals it's heaviness. I like how they did such a random stuff like this, and gives me hope that SC does not mean they won't ever do heavier stuff than that.

A Sense Of Purpose 7.5/10 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtwJvgPJ9xw

A Sense Of Purpose 6.5/10 - I could just copy paste my verdict on TJR, except the songs which are not very very good, are at least listenable in some way. Not a big praise though.

Siren Charms: 8/10 - I think we have discussed this album aplenty.
The Jester Race - Classic stuff. Even when it has flaws, you can easily forgive them for the sheer originality of the record.
I like how Björn admitted in an interview that TJR was a total copy of At The Gates' newest album back then, because they had 0 idea where to start with their own record.

I like how TJR sounds nothing like Slaughter of the Soul, so Bjorn is, as usual, chatting shit. Maybe that's who you get it off.

As for Lunar Strain, yeah, shit album. Behind Space, Upon an Oaken Throne, Clad in Shadows, the title track... what were they thinking? :D

Haven't listened to LS or Sub yet
The Jester Race: 8.5 (keeps growing on me)
Whoracle: 8
Colony: 9.5
Clayman: 9
RTR: 7.5
STYE: 7
CC: 8
ASOP: 6
SOAPF: 7.5
SC: 5.5 (only listened to it once)

siren charms- 8/10
asop- 8.5/10

these are currently the only albums that i own and i love them, will be getting more soon and listening to them in their entirety , i lol at the number of people giving asop a bad rating, that album was great, only reason your giving it a bad rating is because you dont understand the album! and you need to step out of your head and open your mind!

what does this even mean, was it a 5/10 before it started growing on you? is it eventually gonna reach critical mass and reach a 10/10 lol, either you like or you don't kid.
All right. It's nice to have a new member whose mental capability extends "old if is objectively better than new if, because that's my subjective opinion, and get cancer if you don't agree with me", but it would be a pity to have someone with the same shitty attitude on the "other side", trying to force new IF's value down on others throat.

An album CAN grow on you, it's not some strange phenomenon at all. Music is, after all, an art. You can't just listen to it once and give a final judgement. For my first listen, I really did not like old IF that much, and I hated ASOP and SOAPF as well. But most of the old stuff (especially Whoracle) grew on me, after giving it more playtime, I got to really like ASOP and I'm not that mad for SOAPF either. I still think SOAPF could have been so much better, but my very first reaction was "what the fuck is this shit?". :D

But the exact opposite can happen as well. You are excited for the new stuff, and for the first few listens all you get is the catchy hooks, and you are like "maaaaaaaan, so guuuuuud!", but after a week you just don't want to listen to it anymore. You feel like it's empty and has nothing more to give. Catchy choruses eventually won't excite you that much, and if you do not enjoy the in-between parts, you just won't waste 4 mins of your life to hear a not that bad chorus three times.

what does this even mean, was it a 5/10 before it started growing on you? is it eventually gonna reach critical mass and reach a 10/10 lol, either you like or you don't kid.

You're either 8 years old or an absolute fucking dunce. Go take your head for a shit you obnoxious dickhead.

So you first ask people to give a second chance to ASOP and then don't understand how an album can grow on people, and you call them kids. :puke:

All right. It's nice to have a new member whose mental capability extends "old if is objectively better than new if, because that's my subjective opinion, and get cancer if you don't agree with me", but it would be a pity to have someone with the same shitty attitude on the "other side", trying to force new IF's value down on others throat.

An album CAN grow on you, it's not some strange phenomenon at all. Music is, after all, an art. You can't just listen to it once and give a final judgement. For my first listen, I really did not like old IF that much, and I hated ASOP and SOAPF as well. But most of the old stuff (especially Whoracle) grew on me, after giving it more playtime, I got to really like ASOP and I'm not that mad for SOAPF either. I still think SOAPF could have been so much better, but my very first reaction was "what the fuck is this shit?". :D

But the exact opposite can happen as well. You are excited for the new stuff, and for the first few listens all you get is the catchy hooks, and you are like "maaaaaaaan, so guuuuuud!", but after a week you just don't want to listen to it anymore. You feel like it's empty and has nothing more to give. Catchy choruses eventually won't excite you that much, and if you do not enjoy the in-between parts, you just won't waste 4 mins of your life to hear a not that bad chorus three times.

to be honest i liked IF first albums and then i started listening to asop and i didnt like it at all, but i came in with an open mind and sat thru it and in the end i enjoyed it , so i know what it means for an album to grow on you lol, but i just found it funny like if the guy kept changing his opinon on the rating each week because it was "growing' on him lol