Rate In Flames albums out of ten.

I'm amazed at the high ratings that Lunar Strain and Subterranean are receiving throughout. What anyone could possibly find in these records (besides the juvenile charme of a poorly produced recording by a very young band that still had to figure out where they wanted to go with their music) is completely beyond me. They surely have their place in the IF discography, but they don't make too good an impression standing on their own.

You want early Gothenburg style death metal? Go listen to Eucharist and At The Gates.

King Fear said:
I'm amazed at the high ratings that Lunar Strain and Subterranean are receiving throughout. What anyone could possibly find in these records (besides the juvenile charme of a poorly produced recording by a very young band that still had to figure out where they wanted to go with their music) is completely beyond me. They surely have their place in the IF discography, but they don't make too good an impression standing on their own.

You want early Gothenburg style death metal? Go listen to Eucharist and At The Gates.
Behind Space, Lunar Strain, Everlost I&II, Clad in Shadows, Upon an Oaken Throne are alllllll excelent songs in my book. Suberteranean takes it a step further with great songs like Biosphere and Stand Ablaze. Stand Ablaze itself is classic In Flames.

Lunar strain- 7 from the couple songs I've heard. Can't find the album in stores
Jester Race- 8
Whoracle- 9.5
Colony- 9.5
Clayman- 9.5
Reroute- 8.5
3 songs I've heard from STYE- 9.5

Xzar said:
Bob Göran said:
...It's a VERY commercial album
QUOTE]

And how's that, Bob Göran?
I'm sure that Clayman totally appeals to every baggy-pants-teen in USA... Rrrriiiiggghhhhttt....
Who the fuck said it has to appeal to that group to be commercial? It appealed to FAR more people than Colony and was obviously an attempt to reach out to more people, and they succeded. AND WHOA, that makes the album commercial.

Lunar Strain- 7
Subterranean- 8
The Jester Race- 8
Black-Ash- 8
Whoracle- 7
Colony- 9
Clayman- 7
Reroute- 8
Soundtrack- 8

Lunar Strain - 8
Subterranean - 8
TJR - 8
Black-ash Inheritance - 8
Whoracle - 9
Colony - 10
Clayman - 10
R2R - 10
Trigger EP- 8
Soundtrack to your escape- 10.5
In Flames as a whole - 9.999999

i have the new album btw :) kicks ass.. sucks for u guys that are afraid to use bit torrent :)

Lunar Strain- 9.7
Subterranean- 9.5 (Henke Forss is the fucking man)
Jester Race- 9.5
Black Ash Inheritance- 8.5
Whoracle- 8.5
Colony- 9
Clayman- 8.5

Those are all I've heard enough of to grade fairly

I agree with Moonshield.....I love In Flames, and every album to me is a masterpiece.
While I haven't yet heard all of STYE it sounds like a damn good album...and as for the others....

LS/S - 10
TJR/B-AI- 10
W - 9.5
Co - 9.5
Cla - 666
TS - 9
R2R - 9

Lunar Strain - 3
Subterranean - 10
The Jester Race - 7
Whoracle - 9
Colony - 8