"In Flames" opinions...

Just got the new re-release of Whoracle, it's a deluxe limited edition, done in silver trim..........It has a bonus track, & a video of the best song on the album,plus photo's, screensavers, & other extra's.....The Whoracle album cover Screensaver is very cool, and a pretty cover, & my favorite color is green, so it looks & sounds extra great...................I wish Testament would re-release their entire catelog, with Extra tracks & video's, etc.........

Originally posted by Mezarkabul
The Jester Race and Whoracle are their best. Avoid everything after Clayman. Their last one is their worst, IMO.

NP: Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black

Everything after Clayman?? Do you have clairvoyant abilities?? I think Reroute is the only one after Clayman...?

I think allot of people who dislike the R2R, have not given it it a full chance, at first I was a little, taken aback, from it.............but after playing it a few times, I now fully enjoy it, so give it a chance & maybe it will hook you.......................or maybe not?

The in flames board has been gone for almost a month!
nuff said there
I think In Flames are amazing. Testament kicksass too. They are in no way the same but deservingly so, they both should be talked about. And since there is no IF board I thought it would be OK to give my 2 cents worth....seeing as how I am a huge Testament fan.

Best album by IF:
1.Colony....which also happens to be my favourite song as well.
2.Whoracle
3.R2R
4.Clayman
5.Jester Race

Can't wait for some new Testament:devil:

Alright, I'll respect your opinion, you've tried it more than a couple times, & feel strongly disappointed, I would have liked the record
to be a little more agressive, but I'm still happy with everything they've put out so far...........just some better than others......

Typical, one who says it's hardcore without really knowing what hardcore is. Oh yeah, and 2 of the bands you mentioned as being the only ones with death left in them arent even Gothenburg. And you forgot The Haunted and Arch Enemy.

Soilwork's first album is incredible, in my top 10 of all time...and the EPITOMY of the Gothenburg style.

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
PS if you like more thrash than melody, then try Dimension Zero- Silent Night Fever, I'm hooked on that right now. It's the guitarist from IN FLAMES, side Project, & it blows doors...................great Riffs & it moves, the title track, has a hint of LEGACY in it, & that comes from Zetro, who I played it for, just for that reason, so he can hear other younger bands that were influenced by him & other Bay Area Bands.......And I agree with Zetro

Hmmmm. Sounds Interesting. I've seen this on your
Now Playing a couple times and always wondered what
it was until I popped in on this.
I'll have to go find this.
I thought the InFlames debates was settled.
I can't believe anyone could hate on Clayman.
But Dave Mustaines poetic buddy does. Strange.

Thanks for the recommendation.

-OfficerNice

If anyone's interested, The Jester Race was also re-released, on a Digi-pack, with the Black Ash Inheritance EP, added on as a bonus.............Now I have 2 of those.......2 Whoracles.........2 of R2R's........so for you In Flames Haters......:heh: :heh: :heh: :heh:

is it ok for me to post my opinion about In Flames and other various forms of METAL..Ooops I think I just called In Flames Metal. LOL. In all seriouness In Flames are metal wheather you like them or not. I will be the first one to admit and metal4mom can be my witness here. When In Flames came out with Reroute To Remain I wasn't all that to thrilled with it, we listened to it on the way back from San Francisco. It just didn't do ANYTHING for me at all. I know they metalmom and metalgathering liked it alot more than I did but since then it has really grown on me. I'm still not thrilled with their new sound but they still kept the harmonies and what not. Other than in Flames I like a wide variety of metal. I am very open to metal as metal is a hiuge part of my life. I myself don't understand how a person can simply only listen to one genre. I love power metal, thrash metal death metal, doom / gothic metal. I like just about everything that metal has to offer as long as its good metal. Granted, there are shitty ass bands out there. But that goes with the territory. Anyway, that's just my take, not that anyones gonna listen to it LOL.

GLENN

Originally posted by glennsmetal
I myself don't understand how a person can simply only listen to one genre. I love power metal, thrash metal death metal, doom / gothic metal. I like just about everything that metal has to offer as long as its good metal.

Haha, if you feel that way, you should listen to stuff outside of metal. I listen to metal mostly, but also hard rock, blues, jazz and classical.