Why is it that everyone hates In Flames so much?

Can someone explain to me how "melodeath" is power metal with harsh vocals? Obviously, the Iron maiden influence is there, but I would call "melodeath" death metal with power influences.

Isn't CoB power metal with harsh vocals? Wouldn't that in turn make them melodetah? CoB is not melodeath.

Another discussion concerning metal definitions? I never saw that one coming...

Anyways, I like In Flames's albums up to Clayman. From there on it got pretty damn uninteresting.

I think we focus to much on the Sub-Genres of Bands instead of the music itself. Its all metal one way or another. Just listen to the music and enjoy it or dont enjoy it, just stop all the damn classification!

FatesEnemy said:
I think we focus to much on the Sub-Genres of Bands instead of the music itself. Its all metal one way or another. Just listen to the music and enjoy it or dont enjoy it, just stop all the damn classification!

That's dumb. Many people are only fans of certain subgenres of metal. If we didn't have at least some idea of subgenre, people would end up hearing a lot of music they dislike. You must have very undiscerning tastes.

No I Listen to what ever strikes my Fancy i dont pay attention to much to Sub-Genres.
Like a Band for there music not there genre.

FatesEnemy said:
No I Listen to what ever strikes my Fancy i dont pay attention to much to Sub-Genres.
Like a Band for there music not there genre.

.....Duh. People like/dislike certain genres because they dislike the music that is classified as such, not because they dislike the genre itself. It's quite possible for some to say, for example "I hate death metal" and that statement be justified (they'd be an idiot, but regardless...).

I understand why classification is so important. I'm not sayin it isn't important. i agree that it is. I'm just saying we focus to much on it. thats all.

In Flames were pretty good, sometime circa Clayman they kinda lost it. I like that album, but I can hear how inferior it is to albums like TJR or LS.

I would've been broken up about the newer IF releases, but then God gave us Arsis and Fragments of Unbecoming. I'm happy again. :)

Or gay, whatever.