In Flames- Whoracle

Originally posted by Hithel
This is a record as powerful as Reign in Blood. ;)

...nah I take it back...it's better than Reign in Blood, Kerry King never managed to pull off Necrophobic live. :)

:lol::lol: per above.

I like Whoracle but besides R2R it is their poorest effort. And what's with the Depeche Mode cover song (Everything Counts)?

As for Episode 666, what is there to "get" about this song? Either you like it or not. Why do you have to "get" it??

YEAH! IN FLAMES RULE! :headbang:
Whoracle is a masterpiece! As are all of the In Flames albums. Sure they may have softened their sound a bit with Reroute to Remain but they are still as heavy and still as lyrically and musically talented than they ever where. There is NO bad In Flames album. All of them are classic albums that although may not appeal to all, sure as hell attract a lot of listens from those who understand it and respect it.

I agree with you on Jester Script Transfigured. I love that song, fav on the album.

I personaly Like Whoracle but it is not my favorite. I love Dialogue with the stars.

Reroute to remain isn't bad. I actualy enjoy it and find myself listening to it more than I do Whoracle. Cloud Connected and Metaphor are some great tracks.

And I just love Clayman :D

Coming in late here but I think people are being far too dramatic here trying to differentiate In Flames CDs.

First Jester Race through Clayman are very similar sounding/style CDs, don't see how anyone could say Jester is great and Whoracle sux.......they are all similar IMO and sound great to me. Someone needs to explain to me the big differences they hear.

The two Cds that do have a slightly different sound are newest Reroute to Remain and 1st Cd Lunar Strain/Subterranian EP.
If someone wants to say they don't like these I can buy that, actually Lunar Strain is the most different with acoustic guitar and female vocal passages (this is probably my favorite)

How come so many people dislike R2R? I love that CD! It's obviously not as technical as their older stuff, but I think it's damn good! Also, Whoracle, to me, sounds very much like Jester Race to me.

Basically, I am saying that I love every In Flames CDs and I am gunna keep all of them.

Well it's not my fav IF albums but still got awesome song

Jotun (My fav IF songs...never thought that a song could be that catchy! Masterpiece!)

Gyroscope (Great piece here...i like the accoustic start, great chorus...great song)

Dialogue with the stars (One of my fav Instrumental IF song...full of melodies...great duo with accoustic and electric guitar...i like this kind of stuff...)

The Hive (There's my fav IF solo in that song "December Flower solo is the second"...Give me chills everytime i listen to it! Great song overall!! )

Jester Script Transfigured (Maybe the most original but still highly melodic song that IF ever done...I love accoustic guitar stuff! Awesome song!!)

Episode 666 (I also think that it's an overrated song...but still enjoyable...i prefer the demo version from that song though...the solo is much better on that old version!)

Well an album with 6 excellent song is a must to own in any fan of melodic death!!

what the fuck is wrong with you, whoracle is an amazing cd, The Jester Race is best, but u cant put down any of their albums,

wtf is wrong wit u dremlord y u dissin on whoracle man thats liek my fave in falmes CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u must b relly stupeid 2 h8 sumthin ass good as dis!!!1 i bet u like BRITENY SPERAS DONT U!!!!!!!!!1 ppl liek u make me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Originally posted by epi5ode666
what the fuck is wrong with you, whoracle is an amazing cd, The Jester Race is best, but u cant put down any of their albums,

sure I can. I already did. Thanks for playing.

I have heard some In Flames stuff, but i can't remember hearing any vocals on the very few songs I did hear. So could someone tell me if there are any vocals? If so, is it more screamy-shouty vocals or more Bruce Dickinson power vocals? Maybe it's neither? As you can see I haven't a clue and really need some help!!! :saint: :saint:

I have heard over and over how great Whoracle is and how it is their best effort, but although I think it's a solid album, I would put it behind both Lunar and Colony...

Here's my order:

Lunar - Fantastic
Colony - Top of their game
Jester - Solid
Whoracle - Solid
Clayman - Oh no, times are a changing...sorry "progressing"
R2R - Oh my goodness, WTF happened!

:devil:

--IV

I actually think Subterranean is their bet. It's not overlong so it never gets boring. It includes In FLames' best vocalist, Henke Forss. All the songs are solid, and among the band's best.